 CAD / 9970
Re: Non-BFC primitives (was: Primitives with different BFC winding)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 16:54:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:

box3#8p

(don't use box3#8p - use box3u8p)

How can I make my parts bfc certified if it uses any of these primitives ?

The only thing your part files have to deal with is whether the
primitive files are being used in their default orientation, or do they
need to be inverted (turned inside-out).

Are the next 'rules' for making primitives bfc certified correct ?
* rect/disc/ndis/ring: top = frontface
* cyli/cyls/cyls2: outside = frontface
* cone: outside/bottom = frontface
* other: outside = frontface

Yes, those all look right.  For p-files that model specific features of
Lego parts - such as studs - the frontface surface is whatever surface
you'd normally be able to see.

Steve