 Trains / Train Organizations / 1053
Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 05:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

On a related note:  it
seems to me that TLC used to make their dioramas out of bricks more than they
do today.  Now, it's mostly computerized backdrops.  I always thought that it
was due to cost considerations-- I never thought it might be because someone
*preferred*
it that way.  I wonder how others feel?  Others?

I assumed that TLC uses drawn/computerized backgrounds so that no one can
claim they are being misleading about the contents of the package.  For
instance, on the 3225 Classic Train, they used drawn-in track instead of
real track, because there was none in the set.

Steve