 Trains / Train Organizations / 1044
1043  |  1045
Subject:
Three Dimensions (was: Show report)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:59:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
We always have had layouts with lots of ramps and bridges.

Quite right - as you should.  Are we the only two here (now that Matt
isn't around much) who think (of train layouts) in three dimensions?  8-)

I assure you, the GMLTC thinks in three dimensions.  The layout we're
working on now will have trains running at least four different heights, and
maybe five if we can squeeze one more into the design...

We try to put "interesting" things at many different heights, because that
causes people to spend that much more time checking out our layout.  And a
lot of times kids will notice stuff before their parents do, because we put
stuff down at their level.

JohnG, GMLTC