 Trains / Train Organizations / 1054
Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 05:42:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, John Neal writes:

On a related note:  it
seems to me that TLC used to make their dioramas out of bricks more than they
do today.  Now, it's mostly computerized backdrops.  I always thought that it
was due to cost considerations-- I never thought it might be because someone
*preferred*
it that way.  I wonder how others feel?  Others?

I assumed that TLC uses drawn/computerized backgrounds so that no one can
claim they are being misleading about the contents of the package.  For
instance, on the 3225 Classic Train, they used drawn-in track instead of
real track, because there was none in the set.

Right. That drawn track (and glowing cave, etc) have been there since the
start of 9V.

Mayhaps J2 is referring to catalog illustrations, though?

PS, I heard I left my vitamins at Chris's, did you happen to get those? I
wouldn't want to have to eat spinach or anything.

++Lar