 Trains / Train Organizations / 1025
Re: Baseplate vs Brick landscape (was: Re: Show report)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 05:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, James Trobaugh writes:
<snip>
I tried a plaster mountain (inspired by the 1998 summer S@H catalog with
trains on the cover) for the first few NGLTC shows. It had some clone bricks
mixed in to give a LEGO feel, but it was all foam and plaster. But ever show
I would always get the comment "hey the mountain is made of LEGO bricks", so
this year I retired the mountain and have begun working on brick mountain.
Of course I have no idea how I'll fit it in the van, it's already full of
tables and the rest of the buildings, trains, controls and etc.
<snip>
You could do it in sections like I did for the last show that WAMALUG (and
coincidently I) did. Keeping it to one 32 long X 'N' wide sections, you can
do a faily decent mountain.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****