 Trains / Train Organizations / 1000
Re: Show report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:50:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Hi Larry,

thanks for giving these first infos. Now it's like christmas: waiting for the
pictures....

I was amazed that everybody has to do some of the experiences for his own
again. At our last event I thought I would be able to recognize my stuff in any
case, so I could obmit to mark the models. But if your Metroliner-middlewaggon
is in a line of 7 others, they suddenly all look the same... And if you put
somebodys little amount of track just into one oval in one room, someone at
some time will shorten the oval and bear part of it somewhere else (not meaning
to "steal" it, but not thinking about who might be the owner of it). Then you
will find out that 50% of the track spenders haven't counted or marked their
stuff at all.

Rolling stock which is droping from tables is part of any good show too, as it
seems. If you haven't chrashes like that, you had not enough moving models and
visitors have been too far away from the layout.  ;-)

What about your experience with driving trains of other people? We have thought
about kind of rule: only the owner of a train model is allowed to work on the
transformer, as long as his model is on the track. Has anybody else experiences
with rules like this, or is there no need for it? (I myself do not like to see
my favorites MOCs being part of a great train crash, caused by anyone else than
me.)

Leg Godt!

Ben