 Trains / Train Organizations / 1000
  Re: Show report

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes: Hi Larry, thanks for giving these first infos. Now it's like christmas: waiting for the pictures.... I was amazed that everybody has to do some of the experiences for his own again. At our last event (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Well, to a certain extent, advice is easy to give, and some of the things we ran into were things that people in the group (remember, this is a very loosely organized group with no structure, just forming, and many of the group members had (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Er, let me eat those words. One nosedive was due to me, and was while I was on the controls. I was trying to get the bullet to run as fast as I dared, a middle coach tipped over on a curve (it was the inside of a doubletrack) and was plowed (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) indeed: and even nosediving engines offer lots of fun (and memorable moments), after you have survived the first shock and found out nothong important is broken... (...) That's in fact planned for the next meeting. (...) Ok, that's the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Yes, but I don't like to take reduced resolution pics... and I didn't have the time to go through and make them smaller. So I dumped them all up with no QC (...) ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) Er, that is, I am *trying* to delete it but not having any luck... ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) I usually try to crop or reduce the size of pictures, but it certainly adds time to the process. What would be nice is if Brickshelf had some way to specify on your viewing the max picture size you wanted to see, and then it would auto-scale (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Show report

(...) <snip> (...) Quite right - as you should. Are we the only two here (now that Matt isn't around much) who think (of train layouts) in three dimensions? 8-) (...) I was planning to use multiple gapped controllers at Supertrain2001, but hadn't (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show report

(...) I think in 3 dimensions too but on a plywooder layout with no terrain, a bunch of ramps and bridges tend to make things look more toylike unless there is some clear justification for the bridges (to cross over another line for a plausible (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Three Dimensions (was: Show report)

(...) I assure you, the GMLTC thinks in three dimensions. The layout we're working on now will have trains running at least four different heights, and maybe five if we can squeeze one more into the design... We try to put "interesting" things at (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Three Dimensions (was: Show report)

(...) I thought there was rule that at some point on the layout the trains had to cross over each other. ;-) The layout we are working on has a climb into a mountain, where a ski resort will be and three tunnels to provide transaction from scene to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show report

(...) A problem we encountered with wiring was wire length. Because we did not have enough long (Mindstorms) wires we had to place controllers in inconvienent places. If you are not a 100% purist you should consider making some long exteneders. Some (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show report

(...) It involves cutting but no gluing or painting! How about soldering--is that a fourth deadly sin, a subset of gluing (joining?), or is it just venial? Peter (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show report

(...) I'd say a subset of gluing, but what about the electrical tape... :-) SRC StRuCtures (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)