 Trains / Train Organizations / 1042
Re: Show report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:42:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:

<snip>
We always have had layouts with lots of ramps and bridges.

Quite right - as you should.  Are we the only two here (now that Matt
isn't around much) who think (of train layouts) in three dimensions?  8-)

I think in 3 dimensions too but on a plywooder layout with no terrain, a
bunch of ramps and bridges tend to make things look more toylike unless
there is some clear justification for the bridges (to cross over another
line for a plausible reason)...

terrain makes much else more possible and realistic. But terrain costs a lot.

++Lar