 Trains / 27563 (-100)
  Re: Wear out patterns in LEGO train motors...

(...) It's too late for this particular motor to determine whether it ran slightly faster or slightly slower than the trailing motor. If the trailing motor was slightly faster than the leading motor, it would have pushed the leading motor harder (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Wear out patterns in LEGO train motors...

So... through NELUG, I have been involved in the Millyard project in the SEE Science Center in Manchester, NH. The other day, we took one of the engines off the track, and removed it's dead motor. The motor had died because the springs had failed (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: M>ltc Shows Mount Freedom at Brickvention.

(...) That gives a really good basis for seeing how the parts fit together. Even when someone takes an "overall" photo, I usually can't see what's going on. It also helps show the process of planning and coordination that went into the layout. The (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  M>ltc Shows Mount Freedom at Brickvention.

(Oct 2005) As this was the last show for the layout, it will all be dismantled to build next years layout, in fact a fair bit was dismantled last night. Our 2006 layout will have 3 loops on 2 different levels, 2 bridges, and lots of other goodies, (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, FTX)

  [Press Release] BayLTC in Pleasanton

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that we will be displaying at "Transportation in the Valley" at the Museum on (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jun-06, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bloomin' 9V Track

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:J0CzL5.1Asq@lugnet.com... (...) I have seen stuff like that on some of my personal track. I live in a high humidity area (North Carolina) and attributed it to that. Have you tried (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Save 9V Trains entry - how many more LDD hoppers do we need, anyway?

You may have seen my dark grey hoppers before. They're a two-axle design. They are based on a real prototype, though I was inspired to do these after seeing some big ones at Legoland Windsor: (URL) Grey Hopper>> Anyway, I tried doing this in LDD and (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Latest track features and layout module developments

(...) OK, very good information. Thanks. (...) That is very good indeed. (...) Thanks, Dave (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest track features and layout module developments

(...) Yes, it's 8mm:1ft scale. There aren't many people building to that scale with LEGO though, as 6-wide trains remain popular and require fewer bricks, with 8-wide attracting a reasonable following. My trains end up 8+ wide for British (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Latest track features and layout module developments

(...) Very interesting. Thanks to the fact that for 4 or so years I've been studying a foreign language: "British model railway terminology", I actually understood your post! Ha ha! Anyway, I'm totally new to Lego 9V trains, but have been doing some (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Latest track features and layout module developments

Here are pictures of LEGO representations of the TPWS and AWS train protection systems used in the UK, which use equipment mounted between the rails: (2 URLs) both cases I've used translucent orange wands, in the absence of opaque ones, to represent (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: LDD How to use?

(...) Hi Ludo, See (URL) here>. Tim (18 years ago, 10-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LDD How to use?

Hi all, I'll see that some among you are able to create a train with LDD for upload and eventually order one. Now i'm also trying to create a model with LDD, witch i have allreddy build, but i can't mannage to build even a simple bogie! I miss the (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) [...] (...) I think I figured out the boxcar problem. I tried submitting my box car one more time, and this time I called it "Old Boxcar". It is now available in the gallery. I suspect that it got rejected because I named it "Millyard Boxcar". (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train MOCs search at LEGO Factory-- Favourites

(...) Hi Jason, I assume this is the same UR as (URL) like his stuff although it often seems to be unbuildable but he's got a lot of great ideas and models. Tim (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train MOCs search at LEGO Factory-- Favourites

(...) I spoke too soon! Who is 'UR59'? (URL) at these: (URL) make my processor fan sing a bit, and they may be 8-wide too, but there's a lot gone into them! Jason R (18 years ago, 9-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train MOCs search at LEGO Factory-- Favourites

(...) I don't see a huge improvement. If you look, all the galleries have 12 pages. They each show the most recent 200 entries in the category. I don't know what the churn rate is, but it might be worth keeping an eye on your one that's just shown (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) Eric, Can you check with your LF contacts (or maybe you already know) what the shelf life is of something uploaded but not submitted to the gallery? For example, when I click on the check price button in LDD it uploads my model and brings me (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Train MOCs search at LEGO Factory-- Favourites

I was able to go to the LEGO Factory web page and select the "Search Creations, By model category: Trains". This (URL) 12 pages of trains: 18 MOCs per page. I've found that clicking on the thumbnail image of the MOC brings up a pop-up window that (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) FYI, I heard back from my LF contact and it appears 1x1 black plates are available again. -Eric (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) OK, it looks like this issue has been fixed. I tried to email LEGO about this, had to go through the web forms, then got an email back telling me I had to basically go through exactly the same web form process again, but start from the Factory (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Problems Buying Factory Models (was: Hoppers)

(...) I hope this isn't exactly a 'hole' in the moderation process. I'd like to be able to upload models and then pass them to other people without them being approved and entered into the gallery. It may be a bit of a grey area though if LEGO have (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) I just added it to my cart successfully. All of the (URL) 10-piece parts packs> that I've done work like this - you don't even need LDD installed to buy Factory sets. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) [...] (...) [...] (...) I just downloaded the directions, but I haven't checked them to see if they work (that involves going to my wife's computer). So, I'm guessing that yes, you could buy this model. Even if the "Add to Cart" button doesn't (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) Well I have never had a problem getting something into my gallery but with that said the "Sub Galleries" and the "Member Search" are both quite broken. Now you can upload something to your gallery and it goes into moderation BUT you can still (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) Does this mean that, if I create a model and it's rejected from the gallery, I can still hawk the URL around here (or maybe on JLUG ;) for people to buy it? Or even if I just upload something to check out the price, other people can go back to (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) You'd think, as part of testing, they would at the very least put one of every type of piece in the palette down and try to get a price for it? I just did that separately for each part in my model, eliminating them one by one until I got a (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) I agree this is maddening. I have contacted someone I know in the LF team to see if he knows what might be up. The last time this happened (With Train Wheel sets) it turned out to be a Database Bug and was resolved fairly quickly. Hopefully (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) Black 1x1 plates! Would you believe it? The commonest cack I have kicking around at home, and LEGO Factory doesn't have any! If you build them into any model, it comes up as 'not available'. It's maddening trying to build something where you (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Merrist Wood Summer Show Lego Display 21/5/06 - report

David Tabner wrote: [...] (...) [...] (...) David, So, how did the IR Train perform? Were you happy with it? What kind of train did it pull? How did the batteries hold out? Was there anything that annoyed you? Did you run it on the same track as a (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) [...] (...) Jason, I agree with you. I find the LEGO Factory experience to be somewhat frustrating. None of the models that I listed in the original post is available for sale, and I haven't the slightest idea why. Also, what models get (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) to do it in two colours because of the parts selection, then I had an awful job fitting the parts together. I kept transferring the file between LDD and MLCAD. Whilst MLCAD is much more pleasant to use, I will concede that it's a lot easier to (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ugly brute...

In lugnet.trains, Mark Palmer wrote: snippage (...) I think you managed to capture the meaty no-nonsense qualities well. It would good to see it set in some LEGO industrial scenery, possibly in black and white. -pete.w (18 years ago, 7-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Ugly brute...

Bulleid Q1 class 0-6-0 (URL) The Bulleid Q1 locomotive is an obvious choice (to me anyway) for a Lego train MOC, angular, uncomplicated, and as an added bonus a little bit unusual. The Q1 was designed during WWII and as such dispensed with any (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: German DB v200 and others for LDD/LEGO Factory

(...) James, I still have my Marklin DB 200 locomotive from when I was a kid. I always loved that train, and spent hours poring over the Marklin catalogs wishing.... Your model may not get much interest in North America, but I'll bet the European (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: An American 4-4-0

(...) Well crud. I only just now noticed that I mis-linked to the live steam 1/8th scale model. For those who haven't gone to my MOCpage, here is the correct link: (URL) My apologies to Mr. Nystrom. --Anthony (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: German DB v200 and others for LDD/LEGO Factory

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: (snip a lot of errors) Ugh! I'm sorry. I found another error in the model. I had some part collisions inside where the fake diesel motor sits. OK, round three: The DB v200 without the 9 volt train motor (504pcs, (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Re: German DB v200 for LDD/LEGO Factory

(...) I've made the corrections and uploaded versions with the 9v motor (507pcs, US$88.66): (URL) without the 9v motor (506pcs, US$53.67): (URL) my opinion, this isn't that great of a DB v200 MOC, but it is certainly fun to figure out how to work (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: German DB v200 for LDD/LEGO Factory

(...) Not that anyone will purchase this DB v200 MOC, but I forgot to install a few Technic 1/2 pins with stud. I will make the 1/2 pin correction and reload, and I'll see about uploading a version without the 9v motor. later, James Mathis (18 years ago, 6-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help identifying heavy freight flat car

(...) fitted: (URL) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help identifying heavy freight flat car

(...) Sounds like it was probably a schnabel with a flat tray, similar to this (URL) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  German DB v200 for LDD/LEGO Factory

I've uploaded an attempt to model the German DB v200 to LEGO Factory. I uploaded both via "to buy": (URL) "to share": (URL) model has 498 pieces and includes the 9v motor for US$87.46. later, James Mathis (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Help identifying heavy freight flat car

After some relatively exhaustive research, I've come up empty handed in trying to identify a freight car I saw last week. It looked so neat that it made me want to build it, but without a camera I only have my vague memory to work off of. I'm hoping (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Bloomin' 9V Track

Today I just sold a circuit of 9V track from some 4534 sets I got during the January 2003 clearances on BrickLink, and when I went to retrieve them I noticed a few tiny spots had "bloomed" on the rails of virtually all of them. (URL) Is this normal, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Re: Dallas DART light rail in Alternate Livery

(...) That MOC is very nice! The dark gray framing around the door frames is excellent. later, James Mathis (18 years ago, 4-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dallas DART light rail in Alternate Livery

(...) Boy, it's still in the works:-/ I really hope I am able to complete it before Philly. BTW, Steve, I'm actually in the middle of modeling the 50th St/Minnehaha Park station, and Ross has designed some nifty electrical poles as seen in (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dallas DART light rail in Alternate Livery

(...) FWIW, a few shots of a Lego Hiawatha are here: (3 URLs) I'm still waiting for J2's version. :) Steve (18 years ago, 4-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) Thanks James! The uncovered/covered versions seemed like a no brainer... that is, when I was just about finished with the covered hopper and it looked like a pretty good uncovered hopper I thought, "Hey, an open hopper." I would love to get a (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) Paul, The bufferless version uses 2x3 plate with hole (URL) when installed the right way the distance between cars and height of the magnet off the track is the same as a buffered version. I also haven't figured out which I like better. I know (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dallas DART light rail in Alternate Livery

(...) The Hiawatha set looks very nice! Here's a (URL) picture of the DART>. At first glance I think they are not the same set. And (URL) a gallery of pics>. I think there may be a few different DART sets. One looks to have 3 cars: Two cab cars with (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dallas DART light rail in Alternate Livery

(...) Nice; reminds me of our own new light rail, the (URL) Hiawatha>. Which makes me wonder: is the DART built by (URL) Bombardier>, and if so, shouldn't you have modeled it with (URL)? JOHN (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Dallas DART light rail in Alternate Livery

Starting with the (URL) Dallas DART set>, I rebuilt this style in LDD having an alternate color scheme. I call it a (URL) commuter train>. The SNOT work to realize a Micro-stripe results in no interior space for mini-figs, but I thought it fun to (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) <snip> (...) These are very nice. I like how you've presented slight variations on the builds with covered/uncovered, etc. later, James Mathis (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Well, there are nerds, and then there are nerds. Personally, I am not worthy of Gouldian Nerdiness. :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

(...) Chris is right, The "contest" is really just a vehicle for getting folks to submit their models. If I thought as many folks would have submitted models without the "contest" I would have just set up the galleries. Of course some folks don't (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers

(...) Chris, Once again, very nice! And 6-wide, too! I'm currently working on converting your 8-wide boxcar to 6-wide (1). With these hoppers and that conversion I should be able to make a pretty cool freight train for my BNSF loc and TTX cars (if I (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

(...) SNIP (...) James, Let me also add that if you post to .announce.moc you'll have a good chance that your creation will show up in the LUGNET spotlight (which is biased towards posts there). This will help the non-train-heads or casual lurkers (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Um, you are making a post about lego trains. "nerdness" is a given parameter. (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Two more Factory model... hoppers

I recently uploaded two models to Factory... One is a covered hopper. There is a bufferless version (URL) a buffered version (URL) other is an open hopper. There is a bufferless version (URL) a buffered version (URL) the Factory pictures don't show (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

(...) Super model James! I just wanted to add... please register your model at save.9vtrains.com. Even if you don't want to enter the contest, this site has a good chance of creating a library of quality models. Maybe LEGO will get a better system, (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

(...) Great models James and I agree with your thanks to all involved with LDD. (...) I think I need to start doing this for 2 reasons. First the auto generated instructions from LDD just arn't good unless you build from the bottom up and never (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner

A lot of thanks to go around: Thanks to the LEGO Digital Designer and LEGO Factory teams for the power to design sets - Thanks to the amazing folks who have LDD and LDraw tools communicating with each other Here is my first attempt. I started with a (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Well first you have to be logged in to the site. Second it is in a drop-down box at the top of the gallery. (Accounts are free and require no personal info, just a valid E-mail address which is hidden from public view). -Eric (18 years ago, 1-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  French Sleeping Car

Hi, I've added in my BS galery some pictures of my new wagon MOC. This is a french sleeping car in "Corail" livery. All comments are wellcome. (URL) The BS galery is here : (URL) (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote: <snip> Eric- I must be dumb-- I don't see where the "add media" button is to enter the contest... JOHN (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first Factory train

(...) Ed, Given enough time, I could find a spot to put the ldr file. I could also upload the version that uses 1x1 plates with horizontal clips and pod-racer tubing for ladders. However, I've heard the LDD will save a file as an ldr file if you add (...) (18 years ago, 31-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Modded Bk/Yw Striped Tiles for Train Loco Ends

A few keen-eyed Brickshelf followers might have noticed my latest parts mod, cutting up the 1x4 black and yellow striped tiles in order to make the chevron patterns for loco ends. I used a Stanley knife, followed by a thin modelling saw to cut them (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

--snip-- (...) --snip-- (...) I doubt that LDD will ever be a truly powerful CAD software simply because it isn't designed for power users. I very much doubt I will ever be able to build most of my designs using it simply because I often need very (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) I love the loco Ross (John). Just remember that to be included in the contest you need to submit it to the Gallery on Save 9v Trains. Here are the (URL) Rules and Instructions.> As a quick update the "Rolling Stock" and "Diesel/Electric" (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) I guess it's easy to forget that the piece count goes up vaguely cubically. Since (8/6)^3=2.37 is about 1000/400=2.50 I guess the trains fit nicely to that rule. I suspect that in eight-wide you use less small plates as a fraction of the train (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Surely you have to pay in sweet and tears as well as the aforementioned blood to design in LDD. Mmmm... sweet LDraw converter :-) Nice loco, pity you can't get very good images off LDD to show it off better. (Another) Tim (My (four wheeled) (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Yeah, between 8 wide and schleiming, the piece count tends to creep north... (...) So you don't have to sell blood to afford your hobby? I see what you mean;-) JOHN BTW, it doesn't cost anything to virtually build 8 wide.... (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

(...) Hi Steve, Following the provided link ;) I find 1067 parts and I assume there are no spare since it's Factory on demand. John, Can one engine really have 1067 parts? Do all your engines have about 1000 parts? That is huge! I think my three car (...) (18 years ago, 30-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Factory Train Contest Entry

What is the piece count? How many extra elements do you get? SteveB (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Would You Like To Play A Game Of Chess? I Play Very Well....

Oops, sorry about the crosspost to these groups-- wasn't intentional. JOHN (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Would You Like To Play A Game Of Chess? I Play Very Well....

(URL) Built by my son, Ross. Portable. I lost my queen in our first game because I couldn't tell the pieces apart. He didn't care;-) Enjoy, JOHN (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Factory Train Contest Entry

My son Ross was messing around in the LEGO factory, and I encouraged him to submit his efforts to the contest, so here it is: (URL) It is based loosely on his (URL) GP50> The color scheme is by necessity, not by prototype. Could be CP though. The (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: An American 4-4-0

(...) For further detail regarding my engine, feel free to stop by the MOCPage I made for it: (URL) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first Factory train

(...) Very nice Chris. Would you consider sharing the LDraw version as well? I think I may a good portion of these parts already, but I usually use MLCad and Bricktrax via Brickshelf to purchase any parts I'm short. (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BLTG Train Show Next Weekend

(...) Teunis The BLTG web site has the pictures just uploaded (URL) a look and enjoy Peter BLTG (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  An American 4-4-0

I've recently finished my second true train MOC (where I didn't follow someone else' instructions, though I did do a lot of MOC browsing for construction tips). This time I've built an American 'Standard' 4-4-0 wood burning steam locomotive. (2 (...) (18 years ago, 27-May-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Dino Attack train MOC

(...) Apparently Rene molded them himself, I haven't seen them in person yet. pete.w (trainee trainhead) (18 years ago, 26-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Several LEGO Factory Train MOC's

I suppose I should have announced this as well... In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote: I have several LEGO Factory Train MOC's I thought I would share. All of these were built using Digital Designer (I am to lazy to keep track of what parts I can (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Dino Attack train MOC

(...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Several LEGO Factory Train MOC's

I have several LEGO Factory Train MOC's I thought I would share. All of these were built using Digital Designer (I am to lazy to keep track of what parts I can and cannot use in MLCad). For the most part these went well. Getting Boggies to attach (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Merrist Wood Summer Show Lego Display 21/5/06 - report

Due to it pouring with rain all day visitor numbers were down significantly (7000 on the gate this year as opposed to 12000 last) and less visitors made it as far as the Display. Our visitor numbers to the display were still in excess of 1000. We (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first LEGO Factory train

(...) [...] (...) I should point out that the ladders on my brick-built version are a little different. I used cut up pod-racer tubing and 1x1 plates with horizontal clips to make the ladders on the original. [snip] (...) Parts of it could, but (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first LEGO Factory train

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote: SNIP (...) Hi Chris, Thanks for the quick picture. I was trying to figure out some way I could recreate that scene in LDraw to do a virtual comparison. You saved me a lot of trouble. While your picture does (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Dino Attack train MOC

A new recruit to the Sydney LEGO Train Club provided me with a link to his Brickshelf folder, it's a MOC built from Dino Attack parts... (URL) is also a pic of some custom train wheels and a MOC using them. pete.w (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SNVT Build-a-Train Contest

The contest is a good idea and I agree that this sort of thing is one of the best concrete things we can do to promote the continuance of 9V trains. Thanks for setting it up. One comment on the rules/guidelines: Clarity of the instructions - not (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My first LEGO Factory train

(...) Thanks Paul! I guess old habits die hard. I just rarely ever think to post to .announce.moc. I guess I'll go do that now. Again, thanks for your compliment, but I don't know if this box car is something that you would want to run behind the (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first LEGO Factory train

(...) SNIP (...) Hi Chris, I really like this boxcar a lot! I'm contemplating ordering one, although I have to consider how this 8-wide car will look with my 6-wide BNSF and ATSF locomotives. Is there are reason you didn't post this to (...) (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: French Sybic BB26000

--SNIP-- (...) Only 'cause it's a short train ;) I build almost all my trains to pretty much the same length (32 studs give or take a couple). It's a little restriction I like to LEGOify the train designs with the added bonus they will never look (...) (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: French Sybic BB26000

(...) I like this one especially, you seem to have hit the mark with the proportions really well Tim (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My first LEGO Factory train

Hi, I just finished converting an LDRAW-based model to an LDD-based model, and I uploaded the model to the factory.[1] (URL) a boxcar that I designed for the Millyard ((URL) scroll to the middle (URL) I don't know if it will be used at the Millyard, (...) (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

Wow! Beautiful job, Jim. The photo totally fooled me. "Why did he include such a large image of the actual building?" was my first thought. (I still highly recommend posting to announce.moc, by the way. It'd be a crime is a MOC this nice went (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Skyscraper MOC: David Stott Building

(...) Jim- That is one beautiful big building! -Ted SCLTC (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  STEF Refrigeraed car

Hi, You probably know that I'm not too much a MOCer. But finally, I've designed a refrigerated car (european style) I'm satisfied with. Maybe, you've seen the building instruction on (URL) Building Instruction Portal>. You will also find now a very (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: French Sybic BB26000

(...) Hi Tim, Well, I won't comment the model by itself (as it would need more time for me to make a constructive comment, time I have not right now) but only underline that your renderings are great. As a side note, Sybic stands for SYnchrone (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.fr.freelug, FTX)

  French Sybic BB26000

Hi all, Another fairly quick build: a French (URL) Sybic>. The train is bley but unfortunately the hinges don't exist in bley so hopefully grey would work in this situation. It can be made IR compatible. (2 URLs) BS> Comments and crits appreciated. (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.fr, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact