 Trains / 27509
Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:34:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:

Super model James! I just wanted to add... please register your model at
save.9vtrains.com. Even if you don't want to enter the contest, this
site has a good chance of creating a library of quality models. Maybe
LEGO will get a better system, or maybe ILTCO will start up a similar
initiative, but this one is already in place, and some pretty good
models are showing up. There is even a little steam engine.

http://save.9vtrains.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20060526145201536

I have to agree with Eric, it is impossible to find anything using the
LEGO Factory Gallery. None of the three models I submitted have shown up
when I do a "trains" search; nevertheless, all of them register as
available when I follow the link that leads directly to the on-line store.

Chris is right,  The "contest" is really just a vehicle for getting folks to
submit their models.  If I thought as many folks would have submitted models
without the "contest" I would have just set up the galleries.  Of course some
folks don't like contests so that is a downside.

Anyway, this effort is a way to get folks to buy more trains by making a library
of quality models that are easy to find.  Plus now LEGO sells 6 wide, 8 wide,
and 14 wide trains.  All we have to do is design them using a limited pallet
(which is pretty dang good for a 1st shot at a pallet IMO).  So I hope all these
fantastic models will make there way to the galleries whether you want to enter
the contest or not.

The plan is that in early September models will be grouped together as well to
form "Starter Trains" with instruction sheets for newbies on how to get started
in 9V Trains.  We can only hope that this will be seen in a positive light by
LEGO.

-Eric