 Trains / 27507
Re: LEGO Factory Commuter Train-- The Mariner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:24:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Eric Kingsley wrote:

SNIP

Super model James! I just wanted to add... please register your model at
save.9vtrains.com. Even if you don't want to enter the contest, this
site has a good chance of creating a library of quality models. Maybe
LEGO will get a better system, or maybe ILTCO will start up a similar
initiative, but this one is already in place, and some pretty good
models are showing up. There is even a little steam engine.

http://save.9vtrains.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20060526145201536

I have to agree with Eric, it is impossible to find anything using the
LEGO Factory Gallery. None of the three models I submitted have shown up
when I do a "trains" search; nevertheless, all of them register as
available when I follow the link that leads directly to the on-line store.

Chris

James,

Let me also add that if you post to .announce.moc you'll have a good chance that
your creation will show up in the LUGNET spotlight (which is biased towards
posts there).  This will help the non-train-heads or casual lurkers see that
there's a buzz with LEGO Factory and that this collection of quality fan created
"purchase-able" models is growing.

By the way, great train!

Regards,
Paul D.