 Trains / 27508
Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:45:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
I recently uploaded two models to Factory...

One is a covered hopper.
There is a bufferless version
http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=bfa3dc3e-b813-43c6-848d-5bdddfe436c4&CMP=EMC-BL6691080302&HQS=LFH002
and a buffered version
http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=1d40e704-ef55-475f-a57d-a6c7ecc0f291&CMP=EMC-BL6691080302&HQS=LFH002

The other is an open hopper.
There is a bufferless version
http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=281bc89d-c309-4eda-b98c-e09f4ee2eb28&CMP=EMC-BL6691080302&HQS=LFH002
and a buffered version
http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=21d65181-f9e5-41ac-b68c-75e1606b149b&CMP=EMC-BL6691080302&HQS=LFH002

If the Factory pictures don't show enough detail, then you can check out
some renderings at save.9vtrains.com
http://save.9vtrains.com/mediagallery/album.php?aid=12&page=1

Chris

Chris,

Once again, very nice!  And 6-wide, too!  I'm currently working on converting
your 8-wide boxcar to 6-wide (1).  With these hoppers and that conversion I
should be able to make a pretty cool freight train for my BNSF loc and TTX cars
(if I can scrape up enough money!).

I like how you provide buffered and bufferless versions.  Just curious if you
considered including the parts for both versions in one LXF file.  You could
probably hide the extra parts behind the model in the picture, or maybe even
stash them in the hopper itself.  I'd probably modify your LXF file to do that
if purchasing since I'm not sure which version I like better and want the option
for both.  Am I correct that the non-buffered version allows the cars to mate
closer together than the buffered version?  Does this cause any trouble in tight
turns?

Regards,
Paul D.

(1) I'm not sure on the etiquette for creating a derivative work like this.
Would you want me to share my 6-wide version with the community or keep it to
myself?  Or, should I run it by you first (via email) before sharing?  Either
way I'd give you credit of course.  Thanks.