 Trains / 27538
Re: Two more Factory model... hoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:20:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
   I agree with you. I find the LEGO Factory experience to be somewhat
frustrating. None of the models that I listed in the original post is
available for sale, and I haven't the slightest idea why. Also, what
models get approved for the gallery is confusing me too. For example, I
uploaded the four hoppers listed above, but only two of them were
approved. I suspect than since the bufferless and buffered versions are
such close copies they were assumed to be duplicates or knockoffs and
only one hopper and one covered hopper were approved. But a situation
that is even more confusing is this one...
http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=LFH002&mid=C2C606CB-5FB2-45D9-A206-A4CED4D90453
The 1900's era Boxcar is available for sale, but it has never appeared
in the Train gallery, and it has never appeared in my gallery. I have
tried to upload it to my gallery a couple of times, but apparently it
keeps getting rejected. Go figure.
   You know, I was thinking about creating an 8 wide version of the
covered hopper so I could buy one for myself, but without knowing that
I'll be able to buy it, I don't really want to go through all the
effort. Oh well. Any way, I'll get to try the Factory experience because
I am going to build a little bridge and buy that for our NELUG layout :)

Does this mean that, if I create a model and it's rejected from the gallery, I
can still hawk the URL around here (or maybe on JLUG ;) for people to buy it?

Or even if I just upload something to check out the price, other people can go
back to it?

Jason R