 Trains / 27510
Re: Factory Train Contest Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:49:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Doug Foreman wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

   I guess it’s easy to forget that the piece count goes up vaguely cubically. Since (8/6)^3=2.37 is about 1000/400=2.50 I guess the trains fit nicely to that rule. I suspect that in eight-wide you use less small plates as a fraction of the train but you add more greeblies etc. which makes up for it.

That said by my calculation you would only need about 100 pieces to scale your tram down but I suspect the greebling and other part counts count stay about the same after a certain point which flattens off the relationship... Have I ever mentioned before that I am a nerd?

Tim

Um, you are making a post about lego trains. “nerdness” is a given parameter.

Well, there are nerds, and then there are nerds. Personally, I am not worthy of Gouldian Nerdiness.

:-)

JOHN