 Trains / 27483
27482  |  27484
Subject:
An American 4-4-0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2006 20:27:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I’ve recently finished my second true train MOC (where I didn’t follow someone else’ instructions, though I did do a lot of MOC browsing for construction tips). This time I’ve built an American ‘Standard’ 4-4-0 wood burning steam locomotive.

Post Mod Gallery

I based the MOC off of this 1/8th scale steam powered model:

I had a lot of fun building this loco, and had some interesting challenges. LEGO doesn’t make dark green inverse slopes, so I had to imploy some SNOT to finish the boiler. I’m also rather proud of my cow catcher.

It doesn’t have a name yet. My wife calls it the “Bumble Bee”, but bumble bees are black and yellow. If I’m going with an insect, I’m thinking ‘Hornet’ or ‘Yellow Jacket’, but the Aggie in me wants me to name it “Ol’ Sarge.”

PLMKWYT!

--Anthony