 Trains / 27558
Re: Bloomin' 9V Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:55:25 GMT

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:J0CzL5.1Asq@lugnet.com...
Today I just sold a circuit of 9V track from some 4534 sets I got during
the
January 2003 clearances on BrickLink, and when I went to retrieve them I
noticed
a few tiny spots had "bloomed" on the rails of virtually all of them.

<<http://home.pacbell.net/mcambron/track.jpg>>

Is this normal, or is it the result of changes in humidity or...?  Some
were
stored in sealed plastic bags, some were FOB (fresh out of box).  Will it
affect
performance?  Should such track be listed as Used even though it has never
been
used?  Is there an optimum way to store the track to prevent this?  BTW
the
track {is} Dark Gray, my pictures tend to run to the bluish.

Thanks,
Maggie C.

I have seen stuff like that on some of my personal track.  I live in a high
humidity area (North Carolina) and attributed it to that.  Have you tried
rubbing it off?  The stuff on my ususually comes right off with either my
finger or a paper towel.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com