 Trains / 27514
Re: Dallas DART light rail in Alternate Livery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:53:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
   Starting with the Dallas DART set,

Nice; reminds me of our own new light rail, the Hiawatha. Which makes me wonder: is the DART built by Bombardier, and if so, shouldn’t you have modeled it with articulation?

The Hiawatha set looks very nice!

Here’s a picture of the DART. At first glance I think they are not the same set.

And a gallery of pics.

I think there may be a few different DART sets. One looks to have 3 cars: Two cab cars with a shorter unit in-between. Another with two cab cars back-to-back. I think I do see that I made an error in the wheel sets: shared bogies between adjacent cars. Back when I first worked on the DART MOC I either didn’t notice this or hadn’t found a good picture from the side. Still, even today, all the pics I’ve found are 3/4 views-- nothing straight side-on, which always makes completeness difficult with interpolation of the missing viewpoints. Here’s the best side-view I found so far of a DART set-- wish I’d found this pic earlier! Definately articulated with shared bogies with the pantograph on the center unit.

later,

James Mathis