 Trains / 27466
27465  |  27467
Subject:
STEF Refrigeraed car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 20:00:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi,

You probably know that I’m not too much a MOCer. But finally, I’ve designed a refrigerated car (european style) I’m satisfied with.

Maybe, you’ve seen the building instruction on Jake’s Building Instruction Portal. You will also find now a very few pictures of the brickbuilt model on my BS gallery (wait for moderation)

This model has been inspired by old STEF cars.

It has also been inspired by two MOCs :

-Jake’s american refrigerated car (presented in his book)

-Mijasper cooling car

The model described in the building instruction does NOT work on curves. It can be easily modified to work on curves by fixing the couplings directly on the wheelsets. This modification will be documented later but can be easily reproduced from the pictures.

The non-LEGO details are not stickers but decals. They come from CARPENA/COLORADO company.

Jouez bien,

Didier