 Trains / 27547
Re: Train MOCs search at LEGO Factory-- Favourites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:59:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote:
I was able to go to the LEGO Factory web page and select the "Search Creations,
By model category:  Trains".
There are a lot of good MOCs!  Maybe this list is cumbersome long, and maybe
I've missed some good MOCs, but I find the LEGO Factory to be improving daily.
The Train Factory is also popping up as a Featured Product at the LEGO home
page.

I don't see a huge improvement.  If you look, all the galleries have 12 pages.
They each show the most recent 200 entries in the category.

I don't know what the churn rate is, but it might be worth keeping an eye on
your one that's just shown up, and see how long before it drops off the end of
the gallery.

There are some interesting MOCs there, but the pictures don't do them justice.
On closer inspection some train stuff is just plain boxes on wheels, in others
it's fantastic.

The pop-up window means you have to rely on the 'buy' screen to pass your model
around, but that's unmoderated; it doesn't let you view the builder's comments;
and it doesn't let you identify the builder or search for other models they may
have uploaded.

They need some sort of merit system so that better or popular ones stick around
for longer.

There's nothing on the gallery to encourage me to go looking for other people's
MOCs to download.  There are some good links from the Save9VTrains site, but
someone needs to pull the good ones together across all categories.  The obvious
people to do it are LEGO themselves.

Jason R