 Trains / 23263 (-100)
  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Well, that's not exactly my argument. I'm saying when you block a large area from view just because you don't think a turning loop is 'prototypical', then your audience are more likely to see it as an inconvenience, rather than appreciate your (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: COLTC to display at Dennison TrainFestival, July 30 - Aug. 1

Pictures are up from setup on Thursday: (URL) rail fans, there are a large number of locomotives on display, with more scheduled to have arrived after I took pictures on Thursday. Pictures can be seen here: (URL) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Or at least you hope so... ;P (...) The rarity of the pieces used, the level of detail, and the size of the MOC come into play there. Jason Spears likes to build small tudor houses in rare colors, and Chris Leach likes to build tall structures (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) I think the point Rick was trying to make was if you bring a mountain to a show it's likely to be mostly assembled and takes far less time to make show ready. I do have to disagree with the cost factor however. Building BIG items like my (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Is it? Don't the tunnels and such need to be detailed as well? Larry's mountain may cover a large chunk of track, but I'd bet it could be cheaper to just lay down a few empty baseplates, pepper them with trees and shrubs, and stick a few (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) <snip> (...) On the other hand, trains disappearing and reappearing is a huge facination for children and adults alike (myself included). That's one of the reasons why traditional model railroaders have always added tunnels and hidden loops to (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for new train wheel

(...) Using a BBB wheel would be the best starting point. I know that many of the train builders in Europe use the old spoked wheel, with a custom metal flanged tire added. I'd recomend turning a standard BBB to remove the flang and a git of the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for new train wheel

(...) In HO the presence/absence of tyres is sometimes considered a sign of low/hi quality. High quality models don't have them because they don't need them, they free roll enough that adhesion due to weight is sufficient. IIRC slippage is more (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote: <snip> (...) Yes. There will be an announcement on lugnet/trains concurrent with the Brickfest announcement. Ben (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Here's the track plan: (URL) I don't have any pictures of the finished module, but I think there might be some from the club events pictures. The siding in the very bottom-left started on a pier at the front of the table. That went under a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

These pictures should give you some idea of how it works. First, here's the whole wheelbase from the side: (URL) As you can see, it's big. It takes up 90° of curve on its own. This includes the tender though. The main thing to notice in this picture (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Duplo intelliTrain sets on sale at KB

Duplo/Explore intelliTrain sets on sale at KBtoys.com Explore Logic: Intelli-Train Deluxe Set $50 (URL) Explore Logic: Intelli-Train Station $15 (URL) Mat Clayson (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) Jason, I may try something along these lines. I want the back two wheel sets of the tender to be a 9v motor. My next experiment was to connect the front truck in the tender to the rear set of drive wheels. From what you say this should work. I (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) For exhibition layouts I would say I have to agree with everything youy say above. Lego IS a toy and if you want trains to go through a moon-base so what? Loops allow for continuous movement with less operator effort. My comment about the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) IIRC, COLTC has done this, using swallowable gastrointestinal cameras about the size of a large pill, which can be embedded in a locomotove where the headlight would normally go. The result is broadcast, received, and displayed on the laptop (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) I built a B&W CMOS camera into the back of a TV OB-Van a few years ago. The kids had fun trying to work out from the image where the camera was on the layout. It never occurred to them it was right where a minifig is sat in a crane chair (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) I'll put some up shortly. Your cylinders are a little more complex than mine - I use something similar to my Rocket. My whole train fits within 8 studs wide, apart from the odd stud on the end of some half-pins. (I might have to slice these (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Ooohh. Any chance of something like that being up here (Edmonton, Alberta) in late September? Lets just say that our group (NALUG) is going to have some bridges for this year's GETS (Great Edmonton Train Show) display. (See (URL) for some (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) One of the things I am looking forward to at BrickFest is being able to run some trains. No room in my basement - it's full of nasty machinery like milling machines with a terrible hunger for bright shiny ABS bricks ;) The thing is, my new (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Yes, at minifig eye level. That's the perspective I'm personally most interested in. No, at normal viewing level. But that's OK. We usually have at least one endloop visible anyway. and both ends if the mountain isn't there. (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) To Jason Have you got pictures of your 6 wheeled train, wheelbase ? I would like to see your idea ! Here is what I did for my steam train (URL) wait to see what new parts Ben has made ! Ben , Will you also be doing an anouncement on (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) There's been an argument going on about this on our own club site. My side of it was that if you want to model a specific length of line to your own satisfaction, then do it and forget about detailing the end loops. But, when it comes to a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) Thanks for letting that slip Ben. I presume the other one is still a secret though... I did just work out a way of getting a six wheel set around a corner, with connecting rods. It allows one of the middle wheels to fold in on the inside of a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Hello All, for my part, when I was in appartment, I had a small loop and a hump (slopped) yard with a remote decoupler. I had fun switching car and then going in a loop, then more switching. Now after I finaly renovated my basement in my (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  The 4511 Mechsperiment

C'mon!, You know I had too! (URL) The 4511 Mechsperiment> (URL) Some time ago, I just knew what I had to do. So finally did it. (URL) I used 1 million Mini-figs in this seven foot tall Mecha. It features 780,002 left monkey arms and 425 left white (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB wheels sales

(...) Mat, What you need is a blind driver - a wheel without a flange. The blind driver is one of the two new parts that will be introduced at Brickfest. Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Getting Started with LEGO Trains book at BrickFest

I'm planning on bringing some of my (URL) LEGO Trains books> to BrickFest to sell during the public showing. At BrickFest PDX, several AFOLs bought books before the event, and I delivered in person. If you are interested in doing that this time (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.books, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) PWM systems can overcome part of the problem of slow speeds, using 2 motors does the rest. However the price of points, the fact that they can only be automated at high costs/effort and the fact that LEGO couplers aren't easy to automate (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Not having a good uncoupler out of the box is, I think, more of a deterrent than the electric contact part but that's certainly a factor too. But people DO create switching layouts... Rick Clark exhibited a timesaver (famous switching problem (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

A dogbone is good for giving an impression of a double track main line, especially if you hide the loops at each end to a certain extent. However what I was really wondering was whether the characteristic of Lego train components effectivly (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB wheels sales

(...) Ben, thanks for the great work. Arrgg, and I just made an order. But I need the parts. I'm working on a 6 stud Hogwarts, 4-6-0 and had 4 red and 4 black in my inventory. I have the first 4 drive wheels stationary, and have no problems with the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) The first time my family visited San Diego, my brother got my parents to take us to a local model train museum (first place I ever found peanut butter M&Ms), and they used this to great effect. They had a large table, about 20'x20', that was (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Ya, me too. I have been doing it for 30+ years (started with HO) and see no reason to stop now. Just make sure your hair is clear from getting caught! I first learned about folded dogbones from writings of the great John Armstrong (of Atlas (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

I too am of the kind that likes to get a minifig's-eye-view of the action. As to continuous loops, my layout is currently not large enough to have worthwhile line that doesn't loop. So, in order to keep the trains running for a worthwhile amount of (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...areDOTcom> wrote in message (...) trains (...) view as (...) Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who likes to put his face right down next to the track. I like to get as close as possible so I can feel the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) This is a common question in the general model railroading hobby. Conventional wisdom is that unless you really like switching (or shunting if you speak UK english) a continuous track plan is the way to go except for the very largest layouts (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB wheels sales

(...) <Snip> (...) Thanks for the quick response!. Thats good news all round! Tim (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB wheels sales

(...) Hi Tim, Big Ben Bricks train wheel sales are going well (i.e. better then anticipated). My sincere thanks to all of my customers from all over the world including: United States Germany Netherlands Sweden Switzerland France United Kingdom (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Roundy Roundy

Most people and groups seem to go for 'roundy roundy' track plans. For exhibitions this makes sense as trains can be kept moving without too much effort. However most people who have put trackplans or pics of their home layouts on Brickshelf also (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  BBB wheels sales

Would Ben be able or willing to give any feedback on how his wheels have sold? I appreciate that they are a commercial product but even a 'They have sold better than/much as/worse than expected' would be interesting. TIm (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  COLTC to display at Dennison TrainFestival, July 30 - Aug. 1

Starting Friday July 30, COLTC will display our larget layout in Dennison, Ohio. Taken from the Train Festival 2004's web-site: The Dennison Railroad Depot Museum, in cooperation with the Ohio Central Railroad, will celebrate its 15th Anniversary (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh, FTX) !!

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Entry Station

(...) I'd complain about the fact that it's not Moonbase-compatible (since you did cite that as a source of inspiration), but I was thinking maybe it wouldn't be smart to have the jail buildings hooked up with easy access to the civilian areas. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  MOC: Space Police II Prison Entry Station

Hey all, Clearing out my PC of games has really cleared up my weekend hours for more building and html! After letting my website go unupdated for over a year, I now have quite a backlog of pages to write. Hope you enjoy the station! www.xenobuzz.com (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

"JP RIGNAULT" <jprignault@itnetwork.fr> wrote in message news:I1A933.1wII@lugnet.com... (...) playability, (...) Thanks a lot! I was really happy with how compact it eventually became. I've been getting deeper into SNOT building these days. It (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) With all these space trains, I gotta get the photos of my Ice Planet train digitized somehow (last things I photographed before I went digital) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) Check out (2 URLs) when you post, you change the Format to FTX, and you use FTX to mark up your post. That way, you can have one word, or a picture, serve as the clickable link. FTX gives you the ability to do all kinds of stuff - bold, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

"James Wilson" <wilson_j_s@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I1B6wB.BGo@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) difficult (...) well (...) the look (...) I think it looks likes it's crouched and ready to pounce! (...) Ha! Yeah, I figured SPII needed somethin' (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

"Tony Hafner" <lego@NOSPAM.hafhead.com> wrote in message news:I1A6zt.1n8H@lugnet.com... (...) last (...) (URL) (...) going (...) Thanks! The color selection and the prison cells are the only thing that make it specifically Space Police II. I didn't (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:I1A33J.148p@lugnet.com... (...) last (...) (URL) (...) Cool, glad it works! (...) is (...) Yeah, I was really happy with that, since it takes up so little space and has few pieces. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:I19yJy.Dp4@lugnet.com... (...) last (...) need (...) LOL, yeah, it's kinda hard to see them as bad dudes! (...) structure (...) I'd just watched "The Wild Bunch" and I love the scene (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

Many thanks, Eric! Dave "Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message news:I19z19.GGu@lugnet.com... (...) neat (...) site (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) Dave, After looking at it some more, all I can say is, "wow," again. It's very well conceived and implemented. I like the pursuit ship, but I think I like the look with the wings folded - looks more sleek. My only complaint - it's SPII (the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the difference betwix 10153 & 5300?

(...) They are the same. Except 10153 is a boxed version. 5300 comes in a bag. Kecia (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  What is the difference betwix 10153 & 5300?

Has anyone noticed the "new" train motor in S@H? How does it differ from 5300??? - Ram - (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

Hi Dave, That's a very nice train you have here! Every thing scream for playability, which is a big plus I think. The way you attached the prisoner cells to the car is simply amazing, very impressive and efficient SNOT building! This is the kind of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) This thing totally rocks! I don't see much of the Space Police style going there save for the selection of colors, but it's a beautiful design. The locomotive and guard cars both have a really beefy look to them that matches the concept (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) And Wow! That's one nice train! Dunno exactly why, but my favourite detail is the poles between the prison cells for holding the retaining plate. And the photography is great! Those close-up pics are ultra clear. Well done! That baby sure must (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) Pfff, those Super-B Blacktron-wannabes are the vanilla of bad-guys. They need about as much legal supervision as a church youth group. Anyways, I really like the blend between recognizable real-world train structure and futuristic styling, and (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

David, I enjoyed looking at this. Great build. Cool photos, and lots of neat stuff built into the train. Great job. I'm checking out the rest of your site now. e (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

"Mike Kollross" <kollross@nospamcomp...art.ab.ca> wrote in message news:I19tI2.1ry5@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) > .htm (...) paste the (...) That's what I did! Hmm, I wonder if the link is being shortened by going through the Lugnet post confirmation (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

snippage (...) snippage Link you posted cut of the .htm It wasn't included in the link. Copy paste the entire link into the address bar and it works just fine Mike (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

"Chris Paton" <chrisp@cliffhanger.com> wrote in message news:I19o9q.pMu@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) Great!! Glad to hear it as I still can't get the entire page to load yet. Need to call my ISP about this, or perhaps I should start nesting my (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

Hey James, Thanks a bunch! Others have had problems before with my deep links to the pages. Dunno what it is. I can't understand how a simple cut-and-paste from the address bar causes a problem. Anyone know? As for the station, I hope to have (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) Hi David As far as I can see the page is loading fine! : ) As for the MOC... fantastic! I am a great fan of Space Police I and II and you have created a fantastic prison train. Comments? Well, there are so many details I like, not least the (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

Dave, This thing rocks! I've got to go back and look at the pics again, but my initial reaction is, "Wow!" Our household has a "supervisor" like yours, only she likes to lay (lie?) on piles of Lego on the floor (which seems like it would be very (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

Hey all! Space and Trains come together to ensure that bad dudes will take one last ride on the iron horse of the future to the big house of no return! (URL) feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially since I couldn't get all the pictures to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) Dear Jason, the train comes definitely in new "bley". It has been presented at the 1000steine-land in Berlin, but nobody seemed to be excited about it. Only the stickers are still in old grey, (to make this change more obvious....) Price is 30 (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GFLTC at GATS Clearwater this weekend

Hi all, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club will have a layout at the Great American Trains Show (GATS) July 24 and 25, 2004 in Clearwater, Florida. The 24ft X 15ft layout will feature three main lines of trains, a Monorail line, a large yard area, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  [Followup:] Reserve your BrickFest commemorative container on-line, NOW!

(...) [snip] Sorry that I didn't say this in my previous post, but please make your reservation by Aug. 1st. Supplies of each will be limited -- once they're gone, they're gone -- so please hurry & reserve your containers now! (...) Updated list of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) So far, they are available in the European markets (for 30 Euros each I believe). The yellow truck is also available from Shop@Home Europe. I had read these would be available in August, but I am not sure if that was for the European market. I (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

Where in the world will these sets be available. S@H in the US has a note that they are not available in the US. -Juan (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) No as already mentioned. The Passenger Car has an added "Timmy" minifig, not included with the 4511 set. I wonder if Lego will put out the box car from the 4512 Cargo Train kit... (crosses my fingers and hopes) :) Benjamin Medinets (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) They're both the same price, and no, it doesn't. Does anyone know for definite about the greys yet though? Is the original old grey, and these sets new grey? Have they tripped at the last fence _again_? Jason R (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Set for Beginner

(...) Agreed, I'd only get the HP train if you are into the series and don't have the push train already. IN my opinion the train isn't a good build. While the CT is an excelent build for an out of the box 6 stud train. The metroliner is also nice, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Set for Beginner

(...) Nope, I missed the opportunity. I saw it and wished I had the money back then. I tried the code just in case after I read your note but no dice. And while it is only a three day drive from Victoria to LLCA I don't think the wife would go for (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Long term effect of PWM on train motors?

(...) I've been running Mark Reiley's LDCC on omy layout at home and at rtlToronto train shows--my 9v train motors seem to still be just fine. I occasionally take 'em apart and clean the contacts and such, and put a squirt of graphite on the various (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Thanks Lugnet, LGauge and Milton Trains Works

I recently completed a few projects and have to thank the community for being such a great resource. I must admit that I held off tackling these for some time. Here's a link to the first round of postings: (URL) hope to have a shelf layout started (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Set for Beginner

George- LLCA has reopened the tent sale and was selling Metroliners for under $80. (You might see if S@H is still selling 2 or more for 50% off). All you need to add is a voltage regulator (under $2.00 on BrickLink), track connector wire, and power (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Long term effect of PWM on train motors?

(...) I posted some scans of such a project last year, if you don't mind Dutch language I could dig it up again. (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Long term effect of PWM on train motors?

Guido- I wouldn't get too concerned with the "long term" affects of PWM on LEGO train motors for a variety of reasons: 1. TLC already uses PWM in the RCXs 2. LEGO train motors don't last all that long anyway (we kill a lot of them running trains 5 (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Long term effect of PWM on train motors?

Hi, I went through a lot of postings concerning PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) in this newsgroup. My conclusion is that it is possible. However, I haven't seen any description of the longterm (after) effects of PWM on the motor itself. So I have a few (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Set for Beginner

Thanks to everyone who replied. I think I have to go with the Cargo Train. I had not thought about the turnout and the light kit. The MHEx has more peices but that includes the station and mostly regular building parts. I have lots of regular LEGO. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Set for Beginner

(...) I would go for the Cargo train. It has everything you need to get started plus a turnout which is not offered in the other sets. It also comes with a light kit. Be aware that there are two different version of the Hogwarts train. One is not (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Set for Beginner

(...) Good point! (...) I'd even drop that requirement unless you're giving it as a gift, or want the one stop shopping aspect... Curved track and speed regulators can be had very cheaply on BrickLink so you can get by with something that doesn't (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best Set for Beginner

(...) I hadn't really thought of this question in a while - most of us who hang out here in .trains build our own designs. I guess I'd say "anything that comes with track and a speed regulator!" That way you'll have everything you need in one box, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Best Set for Beginner

[I apologize if this has been asked a million times before but I could not find it on the FAQ.] Since I have finally saved enought to buy a set I thought I'd ask for guidance. What would you say is the best complete, ready to run set to buy for (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Just a heads-up

Check out (URL) nifty offering. There's a fair amount of juniorization, based on what I can see, but it still looks nice to my un-Trained eye. I know, I know, the TOS. FUT to OT.Clones Dave! (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Where can I get train-wheels? ...

(...) Sorgen Sie sich nicht, Michael! I know Ben (the creator of BBB) personally (as do many AFOLs, actually), and he is as trustworthy a seller as you will ever find. And yes, I have many BBB wheels in my LEGO collection:-) Schleim On! JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Where can I get train-wheels? ...

(...) I ordered some of these earlier this year and had no problems, they arrived within 3 weeks. (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

Looks like the train car comes with different minifigs. The female minifig in the train engine pic comes with the train set I believe. I wonder if the train engine comes with motor/ light kit? (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where can I get train-wheels? ...

Hi John, have you ever tried to order something from bigbenbricks? Paypal indicates that they are not an approved recipient!? Michael "John" <John@TCLTC.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HzLz7I.JD1@lugnet.com... (...) even (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A question of humidity...

(...) I had the same problem with my 9v train wheels when I moved to RI. I had a nice new basement in my new house. Well, I thought it was nice, until it started raining inside during the summer. (Ok, not really, but there were so many puddles of (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  New 8mm:1ft scale train (inc HP) MOC Pictures

I've posted some more 8mm:1ft scale train MOC Pictures to my Brickshelf. Hogwarts Express (5 pics): (URL) is a proper Hall class engine, with 2 train and 2 technic motors and lights in the firebox. Notice HP and friends in the coach. No pieces (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: 8 wide help needed

(...) Adam, I have tried using the 6-wide train baseplates, but I wasn't happy with the outcome (URL) the base had to be too thick, or the 6-wide train baseplate connection wasn't strong enough. Typically, I use regular plates to create a train base (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Variants of 4.5v / 12v train motors

(...) Would you be able to take a critical look at the sizes of the connector studs and the holes in them. There is a suggestion that these differ between the versions designed to work with the old Blue 2-pin connectors ((URL) those which fit the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building instruction set 080

(...) You can go here they have all 16 pages of instructions. Hope this helps. (URL) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Building instruction set 080

Hi, Recently I bought set 080 from 1967. However the building instruction is missing. The one on bricklink is not complete (missing pages 7 to 10). Can someone help me and scan the missing pages? Many thanks! Kind regards, Ton (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

(...) Bryan, Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to more information on these sets. Eric (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Semi-new train sets - 10157 & 10158 (from 4511 World City HS Train)

A post from 1000steine.de has boxed photos of the 10157 & 10158 sets. (URL) are the individually boxed versions of the engine and passenger car from the World City High Speed Train set (4511). While I would like to see an individually packaged (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track developer program??

(...) Are we getting to where we need a subgroup? I'm thinking "still not" but wanted to ask. Comments from anyone to me offline if you want, or post. (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact