 Trains / 23190
Re: Best Set for Beginner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:45:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, George Edward Godwin wrote:
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I think I have to go with the Cargo Train. I had not thought about the turnout
and the light kit. The MHEx has more peices but that includes the station and
mostly regular building parts. I have lots of regular LEGO. The CT has more
"train bits".

Now I just have to stop kicking myself for not buying it last November when the
local TRU had it for sale @ $139 Cdn (like getting Cdn at par at S@H at the
time.) :(

Agreed, I'd only get the HP train if you are into the series and don't have the
push train already. IN my opinion the train isn't a good build. While the CT is
an excelent build for an out of the box 6 stud train. The metroliner is also
nice, but I like the variety of the CT.

Mat Clayson