 Trains / 23178
23177  |  23179
Subject:
Best Set for Beginner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:48:01 GMT

[I apologize if this has been asked a million times before but I could not find
it on the FAQ.]

Since I have finally saved enought to buy a set I thought I'd ask for guidance.
What would you say is the best complete, ready to run set to buy for someone
just starting out in LEGO Trains today (Summer 2004)?

Basically the Cargo Train looks like the best deal on a ready to run set but the
Motorized Hogwarts Express looks cool and has more peices for $20 less (Cdn $
prices). Of course it also has only 2 cars compared to 3 for the Cargo Train.

And not to offend but I am really not interested in set number XXXX from 19XX as
the best set to buy for beginners. :)