 Trains / 23251
Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:45:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:

Another alternative, if you're not using coupling rods (or if you only couple
the front two axles), is to let the back two drivers of your engine move around,
and lock them to the front two wheels of the tender.  That's how my Castle Class
engine works.  Although on that, this gives you a moving floor in the cab which
isn't save for minifigs.

Jason Railton

Jason, I may try something along these lines. I want the back two wheel sets of
the tender to be a 9v motor. My next experiment was to connect the front truck
in the tender to the rear set of drive wheels.  From what you say this should
work.

I like the idea of magnets and pins to connect the 2 togather. The cab sits high
enough that I think I can avoid the sliding floor-o-doom.

The current build has a 7w cab and tender.

Even if this works out, I'll pick up a pair of the blind drivers when I can.