 Trains / 23282
Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:37:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote:
   Hello

I really like your steamtrain wheelbase design !

Do you have any more pictures ?

It give me some ideas on how to build a Steam train using 8 BBB drive wheels. Using both a combination of my design and your design. A 4 8 4 steam train or something.With no blind drivers.

Thanks, Teunis. M>ltc

Teunis -

I’m not sure more photographs would help, as I’m trying to convert even more of it to plain black at the moment!

Tell me what parts of it you can’t work out, and I’ll try to do some more coloured images in MlCAD.

If you did four axles, with the front and rear ones flexing, I’m not sure if those wheels would have to flex further than mine. It’s definitely worth a try though.

Jason Railton