 Trains / 23249
Re: Roundy Roundy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:13:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:

I built a B&W CMOS camera into the back of a TV OB-Van a few years ago.  The
kids had fun trying to work out from the image where the camera was on the
layout.  It never occurred to them it was right where a minifig is sat in a
crane chair pointing a camera straight at them!

We've got someone trying to fit a broadcast camera in to a trian too.  It'll be
fun to see the images and how fast it goes.

IIRC, COLTC has done this, using swallowable gastrointestinal cameras about the
size of a large pill, which can be embedded in a locomotove where the headlight
would normally go. The result is broadcast, received, and displayed on the
laptop screen of that is built into the "drive in movie theatre" section of
their layout so people see the minifig "engineer's eye view" in real time.

Good stuff. I was more talking about MY eye rather than a camera though.

Most clubs have deliberately chosen low legs (30 inches or so) so that the kids
can see.

Some conventional model railroad layouts on the other hand have went as high as
60 inches precisely because they are going for the eye level view (and have few
if any child visitors)