 Trains / *24815 (-100)
  Re: French locomotive in beton livery....

BTW I added a pic that explains how the only two snotted details are made: (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  French locomotive in beton livery....

Having seen Reinard's 20 wide dutch locomotive, I immediately tought about realizing the long (by me) loved french version (it was the loco in my first Lima toy train!). (Didier, you asked for it...here it is ;-P) If you know me, you'll be (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

(...) AWESOME work! First 1600-style Dutch engine I've seen in LEGO that truly manages to capture the right shape of the nose. (And no, 1876 is not a real number... the Almelo is 1618 but who cares. See (URL) for a list of names/numbers) As for 6-8 (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) Still working on it. I had my sights set on a 1E steam engine (2-10-0) but the frame is the bottleneck, am almost there getting it through curves. (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

(...) I'm glad it uses only the pump cylinders, which means that if the water causes the seals to fail over time it doesn't impact any other components. I tried to make a fire engine once, using the old pneumatic system with a non-return valve and (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) I've got a 4-6-4 in the works, with all three drivers tied together. I ended up grinding off the flanges on the trailing wheels. Although deflanging the center pair produces less overhang over the track, it forced my leading truck to have to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

I googled for Luttermoller as an articulation method I knew used blind drivers and got this page (URL) up a website level gave this page, (URL) which should give lots of inspiration Tim (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

(...) I liked it so much I downloaded the whole brickshelf folder (using a handy program). I'm stating the obvious here, but you could always mate Lego with commercial bogies and track in the appropriate scale. Now that would be cool. Steve (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

Hi, Just to say : great ! I really enjoy (I would appreciate a french SNCF livery :-)) Will you participate LegoWorld 2004 with this model ? Merci et A bientôt Salut Juste pour dire : superbe ! J'aime beaucoup (J'apprécierais une livrée SNCF) (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.fr)

  Re: 20-Wide model of a Dutch train

Wow... Cool! It's huge. It's a beauty. Jeroen (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: sliding door

Hello, This is really cute (or cool and clever, as John put it). From what I can see it is even more playable than LEGO's original train doors, and very suitable for any modern high speed train. It inspired me to come up with a way to make it still (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

I made my own flangeless wheels: (URL) made a small lathe with a Technic axle, bricks and a 9v motor. Using a razor blade I turned the flanges off. Took about 10 minutes per wheel. Robert (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) This is the prototypical term, at least in US practice, as far as I know. (...) Never heard of any of these used in US practice (...) Yes, real locomotives. I don't know of any non locomotive applications where this was necessary. I googled (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) The tool to make BBB wheels without flanges is in the works right now. The toolmaker I use is busy and it will be about three months before I have unflanged wheels for sale. On that note, is there a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

Nice work! Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about dividing up the length of the engine; where 1/2 is the cord of the curve and the remaining 2/4's are evenly split on both sides of the pivot points as you have done. Ben has shaved down the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  20-Wide model of a Dutch train

well Dutch.... Ok, based on the French BB7200.... but it's the Dutch railways yellow version, oh yeah: and it has the crest of the city I grew up: Almelo. Don't know if 1876 is a real existing train number, but what the heck. Hello all you (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Re: rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos - scenery

(...) Some great scenery in your layout. I notice that you guys build it quite thin, with technic beams for support. There aren't as many thicknesses of bricks as there are in the statue kits. So far I've built just one piece of scenery as an (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) That is just great. I feel a boxcar coming on. Thanks for sharing Chucko (URL) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

(...) It actually pumps the water. A large part of the design problem was getting the system to pump an amount of water that wasn't too much and wasn't too little. I'd have to say that the final result was a triumph of trial and error:-) JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) I like the steamers. The connecting rods will be a challenge. You could do with BBB blanks for the middle driving wheels. Having done quite a few British trains (pics at (URL) ), I'm branching out into American trains now, and plan to build a (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam going out of .trains?

(...) I think the robotics discussions are often a bit deep, especially about software details. Pneumatics are alive and well! Like you, I've not posted much here for long, just 12 postings last year. When I had just 15 minutes a day online before (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) later, James Mathis (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos

Oops, forgot to x-post to others who may appreciate train things... rtlToronto Train Show April 17 - 18th (...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Dave K (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: sliding door

(...) Oh wow, I need to let the caffeine I'm having for breakfast start to work before I try to understand this... Very cool, very clever - and well disguised from the outside of the train. Great job! JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  sliding door

hi this is a train with a sliding door: (URL) looking at the train we don't see the door because it looks like an ordinary window. This image shows the mechanism: (URL) uses two special plates to control the door movement. See the detail in this (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

(...) Is his system actually pumping water through the pistons, or is he using air pressure from them to push water through tubes? (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

(...) That's pretty neat! It will be interesting to see if there's any deterioration of the pneumatic pumps over time, especially the seals. ROSCO (added .technic) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Steam going out of .trains?

(...) More other online places, if I just look at myself since my start at LUGNET there have been - 1000Steine.de - Lowlug.nl - For many people their own LUG So that IMHO would surely account for a drop in postings. And like we discussed last year, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BBB Wheels

(...) Hi! I have been building two steamers so far: (URL) and: (URL) Hope you like them! Henrik (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Steam going out of .trains?

Hi All, Though I've only been posting in .trains for about a year or so, in that time it seems to me that traffic in this group has dropped off somewhat. To confirm my suspicions I went into the archives and determined the number of posts for each (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  ATTN GMLTC

Please contact me... I have something for you. (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)

Check this one out! About 6 years ago, John Gerlach of the GMLTC had built a fountain that actually pumped water using the technic pneumatic system. Well, this captured the imagination of my then 8 year old son Ross, and he set his mind to building (...) (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  BBB Wheels

Hi All, I have been wondering what people have been building with the BBB steam driver wheels... (maybe I missed 'em if they have been posted before) SteveB (20 years ago, 17-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vault shots from lowlug.nl

(...) SNIP (...) First: welcome at Lowlug! THE discussion forum in the Netherlands. Now for the pics: lots of these are mine. So I think I should shed some light on them. A few weeks ago Legoland Billund had it's season-opening, and a group of Dutch (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vault shots from lowlug.nl

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:Hw9K6J.4G6@lugnet.com... (...) The pictures of the shelves and shelves of LEGO boxes are definitely their vault. Steve Barile showed similar pictures after a visit to LEGO HQ. Frank (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Vault shots from lowlug.nl

I found this link on the "Lego User Group of the Lowlands" site at (URL) appears that these are some shots from inside some sort of "Vault" or museum at Billund. Photo Albums: (URL) about some Pirates? (URL) like Trains? (URL) forget Town. (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) Acually having FD in the begining of the abbreviation is rather rare. John you are correct, usually it is LAFD. I volunteer at an exception, FDLT--Fire Department of Liberty Township. And am working on getting my Fire Department of Lego (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Brisbane Lego Train Group - Display

x-posted from .loc.au I would like to announce that the BLTG (Brisbane Lego Train Group) are just about to take part in their 5th Train Show in just over 2 weeks time. The annual Train and Hobby show is being held at the RNA showgrounds on the May (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) Ah, yes. My error. (I wish I could say I was trying to be funny). I understand now. All makes sense. (...) Poor would be the operative word... (...) I'd love to see your version of a ladder truck at some point. I am hoping that TLG follows up (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) Yes that it is John, you are correct! (...) TDA, Tractor Drawn Apparatus, Tiller, lol Josh (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

Here's a look at a mountain created by Jeramy Spurgeon and me last September. mostly made of burps, plus it has a waterfall. Hope you like it. (URL) has a lot of the features that everyone has been talking about in these post. Brian D (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) lol To even have been confused with them is a high compliment indeed. Thanks! (...) You are either a card (who needs to be dealt with;-) or I was hopelessly inarticulate. What I meant is that the LEGO sticker uses the same acro form as the New (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

(...) I was checking this out on Brickshelf. At first, I thought it was from one of the exceptional builders you mention, but then looked and thought "It's bigger than usual" :o) Very nice. You have some great detail there. Nice SNOT John. Stickers (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) I'd also suggest more trans-clear/blue brick as well. And just so you all know, it took me about 5+ times to get both of the pond fed watter falls the way that I liked them on both of mountains that I have done. It's not an easy thing to do, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

"Rob Hendrix" <rhendrix@cei.net> wrote in message news:Hw49E2.1pwn@lugnet.com... (...) Bueller? Bueller? As I told Rob on IM last night, I recall discussion where someone in France actual received the source code from Matthew Bates a number of (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) of (...) I have (...) That was one thing I liked about my coastal cliff scene. The tunnels really do travel through something impassible. (...) mountain. (...) cleft (...) makes (...) of (...) Definitely. I like the use of trans light blue, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

Track Designer source code??? Anyone??? (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) I agree with other posters about the nice things about your mountain, as well as the not so nice things. Here's the biggie... shape and size Railroads avoid mountains like the plague as they are expensive to get over around or through. (for (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) Thanks! And no bricks were harmed in the making :P Good to see you on the boards again! -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) Thanks. This is what I liked best about it too!! (...) Yep. Where do creeks start from - a crack in a rock? (...) It's blue. (...) Space constraints - but you're right, it looks contrived that way. (...) Definately. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) You're alive!! How have you been? -Tim XFUT -> .people (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.people)

  Re: Micro-scale coal-train

(...) Very nice, thanx for sharing! This shows a good use of Bionicle parts in the 'real lego world' ;-P Now you only have to collect some more of these knee-caps to create a respectable length coal train, and due to the microscale, you don't needs (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) Nice job! Rich (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Simple RC Throttle

(...) I believe a full sized motor was used, and I believe it was MichLTC's own Steve Ringe at the meeting before last. There may have been others though. (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Simple RC Throttle

Just another thought or two... I tried running a non-DCC locomotive (i.e. one with a regular train motor :-) by hooking the RC receiver's output directly to the track. You get 3 speeds forward and reverse: real slow, medium, and full speed. No doubt (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Simple RC Throttle for LDCC

Having recently acquired the 8376 Hot Flame RC Car... [LEGOSet 8376] ...it didn't take too long before I got to thinking about how this bit of gadgetry might be useful in the train environment. :-) So, here's the idea: (URL) Yep, that's a micromotor (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Micro-scale coal-train

Hi, This is my first venture into trains. When I saw the new Bionicles, I imidiately thought of the knee-caps as small coal waggons from the old Welsh coalmining trains. I've made a small attempt at making this into a micro-scale coal-train (1 wide (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic.bionicle) !

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:Hw1E5M.10F@lugnet.com... (...) style for (...) so I (...) for that (...) more (...) Easy access to rear in case of a derailment. Well assembled. Great color mixing. Lots of detail. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

There is a great new set out, (URL) 4857> that features an EMS vehicle with some wicked cool stickers bearing the acro FDLL, as the New York Fire Departments do (I thought it was so cool that I even printed some FDLL t-shirts, but more on those (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) Very nice. Might be a good idea to build up the ground next to the water on top of the hill though, to make sure the water flows down the waterfall! (One plate above the water will do). I'm aspiring to make scenery like this myself, but I'm (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Small mountain with train and road tunnels

I made a small mountain that fits on three baseplates arranged corner style for a quarter circle of train track. I was running out of gray bricks/BURPS, so I added a curved roadplate as the corner baseplate, making a tunnel space for that as well. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Low floor light rail train scene

Hello, In february, british transport group Arriva announced a light rail project along the outer ring road (Ring 3) of Copenhagen, Denmark. When I saw the model pictures of the future light rail train, I just had to build it in LEGO! Having built (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: power supply

(...) The short answer is yes, you can add wires & track connectors further from the lego power box. There are 3 options, and you have layed out 2 of them- adding wires from one power pack, seperating the track into 2 or more sections using (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  power supply

Hi is there any way to keep the power level's up to my trains on large lay-out's?? I seem to loose power at the outer reacher's and have wonderd if i can add multiple power supplies or at least track conector's to one control box. (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  New POV-Ray locomotive

I have generated a rendering of my SD40-2 in a snow storm at night. The snow was created from POV-Ray code that I found on Paul T. Dawson's web page. There is a link to Paul's site on my site. I used the media and media attenuation to get the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

My observations: 1. Dremel disks break. Get a good pair of Safety Glasses _AND USE THEM_. How do I mod track? Jewelers saw, Dremel, File, 5 min epoxie, small soldering iron, 2x6 lego brick, 2x4 lego plate, solder & rosin flux. Take saw. Cut plastic (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

(...) Hello All, I have just put some pictures of my 4 6 2 chassie ,that uses 6 BBB drive wheels ,on Brickshelf. This is my first time putting pictures on Brickshelf,and the picture are a bit big 2288 * 1712 res. I will learn how to make them (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

I've sold a few of my custom crossovers on eBay so I thought I'd chime in about cutting tracks and other track mods. I always remove the rails before cutting and my cutting is done with a single edge razor blade, making a rough cut first, then (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) [snipped] My first couple track modifications, I used a scroll saw. This works very good for the ABS... but poorly for the metal rail. Later, I learned that using a cutting disc/dremel on the metal rail was much easier. I then run the track (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My pics from MonLUG's 6th train show

(...) Replying to myself, I've made a mistake. The pictures are in this folder: (URL) Sorry! Pierre MonLUG #1 (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) There are other options available. Rotary tools come in three standard groupings: single speed (on/off), multi-speed (2 or more fixed speeds), and variable speed (low, high, and everything between). Mine is a Craftsman-label manufactured by (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) That's what's put me off so far. I don't have a very steady hand and a dremel goes at minimum of 10,000rpm. I'd be likely to shatter the disc, slice the parts in the wrong places or chop into my hand! At least the table saw you showed had a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) Larry, you wanted to see some more pictures of the Pendolino. Tony Priestman took this last year, showing the bevel gear mechanism at each end of each coach: (URL) 6-wide frame doesn't tilt, but supports the bogie below and the body either (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

Hey, Does anyone have any links? Build Well Erik Bush (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) Cutting straight?? Are you serious???? ;) (...) Done. Easiest modificaiton to date. (...) A good friend in rtlToronto made one. I may attempt this at some point. (...) Done, but on my way to ripping 'em apart and making them into the '3 in (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) I'm not that good on the first cut--precision doesn't quite work for me. I lopped off the end of the switch just after the third tie (third would be including the half tie at the end), I cut up a curved track just on the outside of the center (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) OK thanks - I wasn't looking closely enough. Do you have any more pictures from the procedure? Although I presume you did the same to re-attach the bits as you did on the new procedure. I gather you're cutting the branch off immediately after (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  My pics from MonLUG's 6th train show

Hello, Last weekend, MonLUG participated in its sixth train show. As always, it was a great success and our best layout ever, we were as popular as ever with visitors (around 9000 people). Here are my pics: (URL) (after moderation) There’s 3 pages (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town)

  [Press Release] MichLUG to show at Curious Kids Museum

Contact: Jason Spears jason@michlug.org 269.556.1989 (home) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Benton Harbor Area, MI - The Michigan LEGO Users Group (MichLUG) is pleased to announce that it will be displaying at the Curious Kids Museum in St. Joseph, MI. This (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space) !

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) Are you sure you really need these? (just about?) Everyone else that has done turntables has just left a 1 stud gap and everything worked out fine. The larger the radius of the table, the less trouble you'd have, I would expect. (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

(...) It's good to see some pictures with trains in. Of the exhibition pictures I've seen on Brickshelf from recent postings, there have been plenty with track in them but too few with trains! Do we Lego photographers need to think more about (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) I'm following your mods with interest. Since I know it's not commercially viable for TLC to make all these track shapes, I wondered do you make any of the following to sell: Half straights Half curves Diamond crossings (2 straights at 22.5 (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) My first modification was exactly that--one piece switch in which the curved section is equal to 2 standard curved sections. Look lower on the page-- (URL) a pretty simple procedure--cut up a curved piece and cut the end off the switch. Stich (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Question about point/switch modifications.

I'm impressed by the quality of these modifications, but can anyone direct me to anyone who's done anything simpler. I'm talking about converting the branch so that it's equivalent to two standard curves, whilst keeping it all as one piece. Making (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

(...) area came out nice! So did the bus terminal, and the castle area is really really well done. My only "complaint" is that much of the castle area uses MB brickwork. You can't get that rounded corner effect with LEGO, but still... (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) Larry, I built a tilting train about 4 years ago but that was based loosely on the 4559. It used the same principles (slanted truck pivots) with tune-able lean angles and could snake through S-bends at reasonable speeds. Only reason I broke it (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) Rats! You beat me to it! I was looking at the pics at work today and thinking, "Hey, if I do this mod to another switch, I can do the double switch thingy!!! I'll do it when I get home, get pics up for tomorrow! Then it'll be perfect!!" But (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) (Another comment, if I may) I don't think you mention it on your site (sorry if I missed it), but couldn't you take two of the switches you modified (the April 5th version) and that parallelogram bit of track and create a crossover? This would (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) You and I had talked about a side transaction regarding these (I have a pair of Jeff C's crossovers already). Listing them on BL may be a lot less hassle from a tracking/collecting perspective so I think you should! (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) As Ralph mentioned, hot glue really doesn't 'dig into' the plastic. But for the train rails, that's okay because there's that rather large hollow space under the rails for the hot glue/reinforcing LEGO piece. When the pieces are together, I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) I made some switches like these for last year's shows; (URL) used PVC pipe cement which is basically MEK with some filler. Works great if you can take the smell !!!! Also, make sure you really file the cut edges of the track cladding super (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) I have not tried the hot melt glue, myself, but use 3M Super Strength Adhesive... containing MEK. I like the result; strong, not brittle; just a bit rubbery. For the reinforcement, I use plastic coated wire. The glue bonds well to the coating, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) I've got one word for glue for ABS - Plastuct. You can get it at any hobby shop. It's basically a solvent glue. Hot glue grips fairly well, but doesn't really adhere to the ABS as much as fill in spaces to make a solid joint. Cut away enough (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  TrackDraw available for download

The TrackDraw alpha candidate v6 is now available for download at (URL) . Features and bug fixes are detailed in the Yahoo! group messages. The Yahoo! group is now open for anyone to join; no moderation required. The TrackDraw sources are available (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) Great mods, Dave! I can just imagine the wonderful smell of all that freshly sawed ABS permeating your basement... :-) I had a question: I've nevered worked with hot glue before, how well would you say it grips the ABS? Thanks, Mark (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MonLUG's 6th Train Show, April 3rd and 4th

Well, I made it this time. Kevin D, my son, and I travelled down to Montreal Sunday, braving the poor weather conditions, to see the MonLUG train layout. I hear a couple other Ottawa folks made it down too on Saturday. It looked great. I know you (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

<snip> (...) As promised-- (URL) was that fun. I woldn't want to do it everyday, but for the cost of 2 curve track pieces and 1 switch, it wasn't so bad... The possibilities continue Dave K (21 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Bric'Mania for AFOLs

A french message follows... Un message en français suit.. Dear AFOLs I have the joy of announcing the launch of (URL) Bric'Mania> This event is organized for you, AFOLs, and come to show us your MOCs. Bric'Mania will take place in Grenoble (France) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.events, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) I agree, but unfortunately my computer does not! My CAD version of the Sydney Harbour Bridge now exceeds the ability of my somewhat antiquated computer to render it (even in MLCad). So until I upgrade, it remains about 3/4 complete in a bunch (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Double Track Train Bridge

(...) I second that! TJ, CAD'ing your creations is very important. Especially, before you recycle for the parts. If you have not used it or would like to find out more information, let me know. I can also demo a bit for you at the April Dinner. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact