 Trains / 22743
Re: Question about point/switch modifications.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:41:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Bellis wrote:

Track pieces with concave / convex ends, forming the sliding tracks for a
turntable?  The turntable track would be 80L long and the table would be
supported on a circle of inner radius blue or grey rails.  I suggest cutting a
straight in half but with a curved cut of 40L radius, using 2 cut straights and
4 normal straights on the table, with the other halves of the cut straights
forming the orthogonal roads leading away from the table.

Are you sure you really need these? (just about?) Everyone else that has done
turntables has just left a 1 stud gap and everything worked out fine. The larger
the radius of the table, the less trouble you'd have, I would expect.