 Trains / 22746
Re: Question about point/switch modifications.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 08:29:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote:
I'm impressed by the quality of these modifications, but can anyone direct me to
anyone who's done anything simpler.  I'm talking about converting the branch so
that it's equivalent to two standard curves, whilst keeping it all as one piece.
Making the extra fractional curves and straights so that the point can work in
standard or modified configuration seems a bit too much work to me.

Jason Railton

My first modification was exactly that--one piece switch in which the curved
section is equal to 2 standard curved sections.

Look lower on the page--

http://sparky.i989.net/ltrain.htm

It's a pretty simple procedure--cut up a curved piece and cut the end off the
switch.  Stich the switch and the curved pieces together and et voila!

Take care,

Dave K

OK thanks - I wasn't looking closely enough.  Do you have any more pictures from
the procedure?  Although I presume you did the same to re-attach the bits as you
did on the new procedure.

I gather you're cutting the branch off immediately after the first studded
sleeper/cross member, then adding the end seven studs from a curve?  Or is there
a more precise measurement required?

Jason Railton