 Trains / 22760
Re: power supply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Michael Dickinson wrote:
Hi is there any way to keep the power level's up to my trains on large
lay-out's?? I seem to loose power at the outer reacher's and have wonderd if i
can add multiple power supplies or at least track conector's to one control box.

The short answer is yes, you can add wires & track connectors further from the
lego power box.  There are 3 options, and you have layed out 2 of them- adding
wires from one power pack, seperating the track into 2 or more sections using
different power packs, or going to DCC (which kind of requires #1 as well...).
DCC is a hack of lego, but it allows for multi train operation.  There is a
program for RCX 1.0's, but it still requires the modification of the lego train
motors.

For a longer answer, search for: Voltage Drop, DCC, LDCC

All of them should bring you some more info.

James Powell