 Trains / 22805
Re: sliding door
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:57:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Daniel Silva wrote:
hi

this is a train with a sliding door:

When looking at the train we don't see the door because it looks like an
ordinary window.

This image shows the mechanism:

It uses two special plates to control the door movement. See the detail in this
image:

When opening, the outer plate (in gray) makes the door to tilt. When pulled out,
it is vertical again. Then, it can be pushed horizontally by the technic axle.

When closing, it's the inner plate (in dark gray) that makes the door to be in
place again.

folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=80021

daniel

That is just great. I feel a boxcar coming on. Thanks for sharing

Chucko
http://www3.telus.net/chuck