 Trains / 22806
Re: rtlToronto/train6 April 2004 photos - scenery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:28:58 GMT

<snip>

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-041804/

<snip>

http://sparky.i989.net/toyshow041804.htm

<snip>

Dave K

Some great scenery in your layout.  I notice that you guys build it quite thin,
with technic beams for support.  There aren't as many thicknesses of bricks as
there are in the statue kits.

So far I've built just one piece of scenery as an experiment.  It's a curved
half-cutting on three 32x32 bases, making a corner piece.  The cutting has a
slope of 1 brick high per stud wide.  On the diagonal I've used two rows of
L-shaped bricks, so that the second row supports the next layer.  The effective
thickness on the slope is 2 diagonal studs minimum, which is 22.6mm.  The edge
uses a wall of 2x4s, with arches curving in from this inside to support the
slope.  I'll post pictures as soon as my film is developed.

Do you find any flexing in the scenery supports using beams to support it with
thin walls?
Does it hold together well on transport?

Mark