 Trains / 22803
Re: BBB Wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:37:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Henrik Thrane wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
Hi All,
I have been wondering what people have been building with the BBB steam driver
wheels... (maybe I missed 'em if they have been posted before)

SteveB

Hi!
I have been building two steamers so far:
<http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=75684>
and:
<http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=heino>

Hope you like them!

Henrik

I like the steamers.  The connecting rods will be a challenge.  You could do
with BBB blanks for the middle driving wheels.

Having done quite a few British trains (pics at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=62749 ), I'm branching out into
American trains now, and plan to build a Shay with my newly acquired BBBs.  I
see from the engines at the Cass Scenic Railroad http://www.cassrailroad.com/
that most of the Shays have 36" driving wheels, a bit smaller than the 45" that
BBB wheels represent.  Shay No.6 has 48" wheels however, so it might be that one
that I build.

Does anyone know when BBB wheels without flanges will be available?  I'll add to
an order from us Brits when they are.  Once I have some of those I'll do 6, 8
and 10-coupled engines.

Mark