 Trains / 22733
Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:03:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:
As promised--

http://sparky.i989.net/ltrain.htm

Wow was that fun.  I woldn't want to do it everyday, but for the cost of 2 curve
track pieces and 1 switch, it wasn't so bad...

Great mods, Dave!  I can just imagine the wonderful smell of all that freshly
sawed ABS permeating your basement...  :-)

I had a question: I've nevered worked with hot glue before, how well would you
say it grips the ABS?

Thanks,

Mark

As Ralph mentioned, hot glue really doesn't 'dig into' the plastic.  But for the
train rails, that's okay because there's that rather large hollow space under
the rails for the hot glue/reinforcing LEGO piece.  When the pieces are
together, I find that the joint is the strongest/least flexible spot in the
rail.

But I may try some PL Premium adhesive at some point in the future--but once
that stuff gets on the plastic, it won't come off so there can be no mistakes.
Hot Glue you can scrape off if you screw up.

Dave K