 Trains / 22721
Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:28:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Michael Lachmann wrote:
Hi Paul,

and how did you create them, or from where did you get them?

Michael

I didn't make them, but another member of our club, Joe, did. I believe he got
the design from someone else that posted the design either here or on
brickshelf. How to actually make thenm I do not know, it does involde cutting,
glueing, and soldering though.

Paul

"BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
We forgot to take clear pictures of them at our last show, but here is a
preview:

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbucy/COLTC/Greenberg032004/dsc06483.jpg

As you can see, we used a custom modified switch (by Joe), of which the off-leg
equals 1 curved track. This can save a lot of space, and makes turns off of a
straight much more realistic. In the picture (upper left portion), compare the
custom switch (left) to the regular (right). I'm sure we'll get some better pics
soon.

At the show, we used two pairs. Trains had no problem with them, with the
exception of ones with custom designed big wheels (not BBB), like the steam
engine in the picture. I'll test BBB wheels with this switch soon. If need be, a
small modification can be made to the switch to accept these too.

Paul