 Trains / 22720
Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:07:06 GMT

Hi Paul,

and how did you create them, or from where did you get them?

Michael

"BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
We forgot to take clear pictures of them at our last show, but here is a
preview:

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jbucy/COLTC/Greenberg032004/dsc06483.jpg

As you can see, we used a custom modified switch (by Joe), of which the • off-leg
equals 1 curved track. This can save a lot of space, and makes turns off • of a
straight much more realistic. In the picture (upper left portion), compare • the
custom switch (left) to the regular (right). I'm sure we'll get some • better pics
soon.

At the show, we used two pairs. Trains had no problem with them, with the
exception of ones with custom designed big wheels (not BBB), like the • steam
engine in the picture. I'll test BBB wheels with this switch soon. If need • be, a
small modification can be made to the switch to accept these too.

Paul