 Trains / 22736
Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:01:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:
As promised--

http://sparky.i989.net/ltrain.htm

Wow was that fun.  I woldn't want to do it everyday, but for the cost of 2 curve
track pieces and 1 switch, it wasn't so bad...

The possibilities continue

(Another comment, if I may)

I don't think you mention it on your site (sorry if I missed it), but couldn't
you take two of the switches you modified (the April 5th version) and that
parallelogram bit of track and create a crossover?  This would be a great way to
"have it all" with one mod!

Mark

Rats!  You beat me to it!  I was looking at the pics at work today and thinking,
"Hey, if I do this mod to another switch, I can do the double switch thingy!!!
I'll do it when I get home, get pics up for tomorrow!  Then it'll be perfect!!"

But now you ruined the surprise... ;)

And I'm exhausted anyway or I woulda seen it sooner :)

So no mods tonite (I've sacrificed enough curved pieces to the Dremel god this
past week.)

Dave K