 Trains / 22795
Re: Steam going out of .trains?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:44:15 GMT

Mark Riley wrote:

Hi All,

Though I've only been posting in .trains for about a year or so, in that
time it
seems to me that traffic in this group has dropped off somewhat.  To
confirm my suspicions I went into the archives and determined the number
of posts for each year:

2003 - 3215
2002 - 4417
2001 - 5380
2000 - 5553
1999 - 3089

If we consider just the first quarter of each year:

2004 - 714
2003 - 913
2002 - 1608
2001 - 1599
2000 - 1921
1999 - 636

Now, I know that numbers alone don't paint the whole picture, but I'm
curious as
to the reasons for the decline.  Is it a case of "Been there, done that"?
Lego
not creating enough interesting train products?  People spending more time
with their LTCs than online?

More other online places, if I just look at myself since my start at LUGNET
there have been

- 1000Steine.de
- Lowlug.nl
- For many people their own LUG

So that IMHO would surely account for a drop in postings. And like we
discussed last year, it gets harder and harder to come up with new things,
so announcements get less and less replies. That in turn discourages new
people to even post here. Sad, but reality.

Also, since we now have so many big meetings, that too means less
interaction over LUGNET.
All just my opinion ofcourse....
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/