 Trains / 22781
Re: New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:31:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   I was checking this out on Brickshelf. At first, I thought it was from one of the exceptional builders you mention, but then looked and thought “It’s bigger than usual” :o)

lol To even have been confused with them is a high compliment indeed. Thanks!

   Very nice. You have some great detail there. Nice SNOT John. Stickers are cool too, but, I don’t recall ever seeing FDLL on a FDNY ambulance.

You are either a card (who needs to be dealt with;-) or I was hopelessly inarticulate. What I meant is that the LEGO sticker uses the same acro form as the New York Fire Department (FDNY). It could have been LLFD for “LEGO Land Fire Department” as most fire department acros across the country are. It is my understanding that the “FD” preceding the city abbreviation is rather unique to New York, and thus TLC was mimicking that format.

   I was wondering where TLG picked that up from. I am usually blocking my ears, rather than looking at ambulances, though.

Well, you’d make an awefully poor lawyer;-)

   I am VERY eager to see future apparatus from you.

My brother-in-law is a fireman and I have been to his station and taken pics of an articulated hook and ladder rig that I want to model. So many ideas... :-)

Thanks again,

JOHN