 Star Wars / *11198 (-100)
  Re: Building habits

(...) This is a very timely subject for me. I'm a life-long Non-sorter with only 1 or two break downs in my career. I've always had the draws but never sorted, until recently that is. I couldn't stand it any more, scrabbling through box's of lego to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Your display case reminds me of a fond childhood memory. When I was young, my mom managed to come how with a 5 or 6-foot high revolving plastic pink display stand from some store that kept L'eggs or some such feminine product on it. I kept (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) I've come to the conclusion that I'm really a tinkerer. I've also come to the conclusion that having too many Lego is burdensome for me because I want the experience to be relaxing, but it definitely is not when I have to unpack and lug around (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ultra-quick modification.

"Jesse and Valarie Long" <jesseandval@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:GB5xBK.BEo@lugnet.com... (...) I was thinking of just having Red 5 being chased and a couple of additional ships floating around, with the Falcon coming out of the light bulb (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millenium Falcon Trivia question

(...) Wrong on both counts :) I guess it's been a day or three. The elements are: 1x6 plates (blue and gray) 1x1 round bricks (tan and dark gray) 1x1 round plates (clear, black, and trans antifreeze) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ultra-quick modification.

Daniel Crichton <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message news:GB05o5.Exu@lugnet.com... (...) No, but an interesting idea. I bet with a little additional modification you could get a half-decent TIE interceptor without too many extra pieces. Unless (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

Selçuk Göre <ssgore@superonline.com> wrote in message news:3AC2DB0A.5F656B...ine.com... (...) tear (...) and (...) of (...) Currently (...) behind it. (...) Build it according to the directions, leave it alone, ignore it, go into another mini dark (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: "starwars accessories"

Jonathan Wilson <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:3AC51D3D.D153B6....com.au... (...) Which is it then? ;-) All I really want to see are more minifigs. The ROJ desert skiff was such a shame...such potential, shot. Jesse (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Millenium Falcon Trivia question

Adrian Drake <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:GB3L57.BJE@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) MF. (...) in (...) Assuming you're not counting mini-fig legs, I'm thinking 2x2 bricks (black and red), 1x6 plates (blue and gray), and 1x2 plates (red, maybe (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) I tend to keep things together for as long as possible before I need the parts or change directions. All but one of my six wide trains are now destroyed as I went over to 8wide. Somethings I can't bear to take apart: I have a trio of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Millenium Falcon Trivia question

I've been sorting pieces all day, so maybe my brain is a little flaky, but I discovered something very interesting while sorting out the pieces of my MF. It turns out that excluding printed pieces and minifig pieces, there are exactly 3 different (...) (24 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Silly pictures.

I posted the following link on the lugnet.loc.uk NG a couple of days ago - it's a collection of rather stupid pictures I did with my LEGO minifigs - they aren't all of our LEGO friends, but most of them are. Anyway, there are a few Star Wars ones in (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "starwars accessories"

(...) Brown hoods, cinnamon bun hair, Emperor sticks, brown cloaks, black crossbows, Naboo fighter computer, Imperial Insignia disks, Rebel craft marking tiles, X-Wing computers, starfighter control panel tiles, Boba Fett gun, Boba Fett Helmet, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: "starwars accessories"

(...) Then I can't say Storm Troopers? (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  "starwars accessories"

what parts would people like to see in a starwars accessory pack, remember what TLG normally puts in these things. (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Silly pictures.

Yes, they are silly, but the one "black ink" with the two Storm troopers laughing in the back; gave me a great laugh 4am at the job! Loved it!! (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) My habit is to tear 'em down for a rebuild until I get the lowest number of bricks used with the highest level of functional detail and strongest and most efficient design. I've been doing this since I was a kid and I noticed as I returned to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

In lugnet.starwars, Shaun Sullivan writes: ... (...) Oh man, those are 2 tables I wish I could see in person! Your WWII models and your SW walkers are just awesome. (...) Yeah, me too. I'm running out of room though. Oh well. Before, I used to use (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ultra-quick modification.

(...) I wish I could get a second TIE... unfortunately they're nowhere to be found here. We've got lots of shuttles and AT-STs and all the others, but the TIE spots on the shelves are always empty in every store... I guess somebody's building an (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars Dioramas

I normally don't post in Star Wars, but we have been discussing a Japanese website in mecha and space that has some awesome SW stuff on it. Here's an index: (URL) is my favorite: (URL) mirco models can be found here: (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

Great question! In part because all of us have to wrestle with this question all the time! (...) For the most part, I'm definitely in the "keep models together" category. I have a table covered with all of my WWII models right now, and another one (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ultra-quick modification.

"Andrew Summersgill" <ajs@nospamblahblahblah.co.uk> wrote in message news:GB041F.CnC@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) and (...) McDonald. (...) making (...) Sort of looks like a Scimitar bomber (vaguely!), but I agree, it does look cool. I also bought a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Ultra-quick modification.

I was mucking around with one of my LEGO TIE Fighters the other day - yes, I finally persuaded my fiancée to let me buy another one - well, it just doesn't look right having Darth or the Shuttle escorted by ONE lowly TIE and besides, Ronald the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Hehe..I've found pieces I forgot I had doing this. ;) ANd yes, finding new ways to do things is fun - it gets me out of the rut caused because "That's how I've always done it." :) Joel J (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) I've got one of these as well. Sometimes I'll sit down and try to turn multiple junkyard fragments from different models into one model. I've not yet attained success with this, but it's good for ideas. -JDF (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Bram, I don't build anymore because is messes up my parts sorting! Bob (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

"paul hanson" <pghanson@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GAxJ25.2Az@lugnet.com... (...) MOCs (...) collection. (...) the (...) on (...) Guess we're a minority Paul.... I took me about four months to build my crane, and as soon as it was (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) I typically build, photograph, cad, then let the model sit around until I need a piece from it. I put them into cad so that I always have a record of exactly what pieces were used, and how the model was configured. There are some MOCs that I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

"Joel Jacobsen" <jjacobse@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:GAxrAz.JLy@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) bricks. (...) years (...) That's where I am right now. I don't want to spend much more at the moment on new bricks but I also have a lot of MOCs (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) It's me, too..:-) I also prepare building instructions of them in LeoCAD before taking apart. (...) (URL) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) I tend to work on Lego ships for weeks and in some cases months until I am completely satisfied with it. Then I rebuild it in MLCAD, will do some experimentation with different color schemes, create picture instructions, rendings in various (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

Hmm, my building habits are.... Right now I'm primarily in sorting mode. Unfortunately unless something happens to really make me stop buying it may be a while before I get caught up (though I am slowly catching up). I have done some building (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

I have a tendency to let the models I build accumulate, until I reach the point where I can't bear to see all the pieces that are unavailable. Then I tear apart practiaclly everything, except a few of my particular favorites... of course I'll even (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

That's awesome Dan, you definitly have the touch on your carriers. They keep sneaking up on me. The exterior detailing is absoulutely incredible. Well done once again. I love the burp usage btw. (i'm envious too :) Jeb (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Hehe.. that's cool. Though that does require the procurement of more bricks. Something that is a bit costly to me. Right now I'm in the "hey... I've been acquiring bricks for the last 3 years and now that I have space to build, let's see just (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

Joel Jacobsen <jacobsen@oar.net> wrote in message news:GAxE4G.Bp4@lugnet.com... (...) one? (...) tear (...) needed? (...) them. (...) that (...) I'm in the catagory that builds, photographes, and leaves until I need the parts. Gary (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Jacobsen writes: <snip> (...) Well I do one of three things... 1. Build, photograph and keep. These are mostly creations for... a. My son's Shelf Railway b. NELUG Train Layout c. Brikwars stuff that kicks butt d. A few (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

I'm in the build, photograph, then put the model up or away somewhere and buy new Lego mode. It's just too much trouble usually for me to take apart and re-sort one of my models. I'm sort of lazy that way too. I hate sorting... Bryce (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) Good question. I'm of the build, photograph, and disassemble school of thought - most MOCs stay together for a few weeks and then get recylced back into the collection. I don't cannabalize models for the parts I need - once it starts to come (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

Dust is also an issue with my models. Not the mention the ill effects of exposing white pieces to too much light - yuck! That's why I treat my limited supply of white elements as if they were photosensitive paper; I cover them up and only use them (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

(...) That's me. I've got diddly squat for display area, so the vast majority of what I build (especially big stuff) comes apart when I'm done. Currently built is... umm... James Jesiman Memorial Park, and the watertower behind it. (URL) my Colonial (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  RE: Building habits

(...) I agree, although I usually try to put that phase off as long as possible now that I have a digital camera. I cannibalize models when I need the parts, until at some point my models get too dusty (ie, up to two years :P). Then I tear them (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

Good question! (...) You left out: Build, copy with improvements using another set of pieces, cycle till you are happy, then keep the final iteration together "indefinitely" That's me. I have everything I've ever built that was any good (and some (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

I guess I fall into the "Build, photograph and tear down to build anew" category. Putting ones MOCs into .DAT file format greatly eases the heartbreak of having to destroy ones models for future creations. Or so I think... ;-) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Building habits

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Jacobsen writes: (To everyone) Do you keep models built until you have no choice but to tear (...) I try to keep my models together as long as possible. The more models I can have built at the same time the better. : ) Since (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Building habits

After looking once more at Dan Jassim's latest minifig carrier, a question came to mind I wanted to ask him but it could also be posed to everyone. Just to satisfy my curiousity, of course. :) (To Dan) Did you have to tear down your original carrier (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) yes, it would... Once the base database is larger, I could interface it with the public set lists from lugnet (why keep the data twice?), and you'd be able to type in your member number, and total up your pieces... or even do a limited search, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) Oh, sorry shoulda said specifically just in light grey... that's actually where I got 4/5 of the ones I listed. Very handy, BTW... (now it just needs MySQL'd! -- someday maybe you can feed it a set list and find out how many of a particular (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) yah, there's a few other :) (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) 2 in 6073 Knight's Castle (1984) 12 in 6085 Black Monarch's Castle (1988) 4 in 6086 Black Knight's Castle (1992) 1? 6076 Dark Dragon's Den (1993) 4 in 1785 Crater Critters (1995) I'm sure there are others, but I wasn't THAT bored :) DaveE (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

With the slow trickle of Bulk Items, I wouldn't mind if Lego Direct came out with "parts pack" type bulk items where (for example) you had all 3 types of steep sloped bricks (1x2x3, 2x2x3, 2x2x3 corner) in a specific color set, or say inside/outside (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) Ah yes, also in <set:4536 Blue Hopper Car (4536)> ... anything else anyone knows of? DaveE (FUT general) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) but sadly nothing I know of has come out recently with that piece in it. I think the best source of them was 6085 (Black Monarch's Castle) which had something like 12 of them! (...) (I think) from 6985 (Cosmic Fleet Voyager)-- [where else have (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) Well, I guess that is the answer I was looking for. You seem well versed on the availability of these items, so I guess I'm out of luck. I didn't realize that LUGNET had them rendered in all those colours. Anyways, just for the record this is (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Wow, thank you, man! (...) Yes, I wanted to see if I could pull it off in minifig scale. I combined many elements from my first carrier (the baseplates, BURPS, castle walls) but tried to match the same feel of the microfig carrier. The (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) You are the man. No one matches your mastery of shape, color, details, and novel construction. Was your microfig carrier a study for this monster? They look a lot alike. Can't wait to see more! - Paul (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Another excellnet creation from the Jassim Spaceworks. :) The colors are excellent. It appears that you had a visit from the Grand Admiral - though he seems like he needs a hair cut.... ;) The recovery bays seem to be a shade close to the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Same here, man. Yeah, too bad I showed up late (again). We didn't really get to visit like we usually do. Hey, maybe next week? (...) Thanks, man. Yeah, it's so much more impacting to see people's creations in person. To me, your new mech is (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

Dan, Forget the carrier. It was just good to see you in person again!!! Okay the carrier ROCKS!!! Pure Danielization. The details are just everywhere. Pictures really don't do this justice. I thought about this baby all the way home from the LUG (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) look sweet on the roof of your car! :] Okay, weird question: would it float? KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Dan, I was looking at the galley again on your ship - I like the two woks! (I think they are woks - could be sinks) Anyways - it looks so much like the galley and messa hall on the show Star Stumble Voyager. Very cool... ~Trev Astro Lift Co. (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Good stuff, Dan! I see you have the Grand Admiral visiting. :^) Hmm, we'll have to do something about that hair and uniform. That's old skool. I like the mini fighter too. Can't wait to see it in person next month! ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Thank you very much! I tried to build a ship that had a mecha appeal to it--you know, that gritty, hardcore-ship-with-an-attitude look. I'd say it kind of fits it with Bryce McGlone's "Big Blue," like a support carrier in the mech fleet. (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) I think it's a combination of parts used and type of ship. I think carriers lend themselves to be light for their size because their biggest main section is hollow, made mostly of castle walls, BURPS and baseplates. I bet if I were to build a (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Yeah, actually those blasters are kind of light for their size. They're just spread out with technic parts to create a bigger space. (...) You said it, brutha! Can you imagine getting like 30 of those for a monster ship?! Hmmm, say, does LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Yep, the Grand Admiral stopped by for a preliminary inspection. (...) When I first completed the main body of the ship (hangerbay, engines, etc) I picked it up, carried it to the next room to show my wife, and shook it back and forth fast (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Et in Arcadia Lego Update -- The Holy Grail

(...) heh heh, congrats Dave, you are the only person to mention the rennes-le-chateau and grail connections in regard to my poussin painting reproduction (in lego, of course). You win! (what, i don't know....) I'm really into all kinds of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Et in Arcadia Lego Update -- Mobile Research Unit (MRU)

It bumps; it grinds, but hey, its expensive and stylish! For science crews with access to large corporate budgets, the Mobile Research Unit (MRU) is the hoopiest SUV for nerds on the go. ...my latest MOC added to Et in Arcadia Lego @ (URL) much (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

That is just plain awesome. I really like the fighter too. I personally do not like the "X-wing" style canopy (I prefere the "A-wing" style) but it looks really good on that fighter. -Mike Petrucelli (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

Wow! Looks awesome Dan! I love the colour scheme (Classic Space), and your usually detail and weapons, and, well... EVERYTHING!!! ;-) Excellent job! (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Wow! Seeing discussion on how light the ship is, I'm really interested in how to build big, light, sturdy ships. My stuff always comes out really heavy, but at the same time solid as a rock. Can you possibly bring this to the Michon's if you (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Wow, very impressive. I really love the basters/cannons at the ends of the large blue wings. I am kinda supprised that they don't bend the wings down. Makes a guy wish you could get those Artic walls in bulk from shop at home. Keep us posted (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Very spiffy! (Especially that little round ship in the hangar, which is by definition Spiff-y.) Excellent use of the polar base grey wall units too--it looks like you've kept the structural integrity pretty good along the centre and kept the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) WEE HAW!!! I love it! I can see that you're getting on the artic wall kick like me! Well done, Dan! What do you think: Do you prefer the artic walls over bulk brick for this appication? The artic walls cut down on the weight, which lends will (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

*thunk!* sound of jaw hitting floor. Dave Daniel Jassim <danieljassim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GAqGwC.9nA@lugnet.com... (...) still (...) monster. (...) excellent (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Thanks! Actually, the ship only needed 2 arctic base sets (bought on sale of course--wise man say don't pay full price for LEGO). Each set has 6 grey window-walls, so my ship has 12. Also, I needed 2 sets of the mobile arctic base, but used 6 (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

Hey Dan, That was fast! Here is another pic of Dan setting up his ship: (URL) thing has awsome engineering besides cool looks. Its super light, but it hardly flexes at all when you pick it up! The few interior rooms that are finished are really (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

(...) Wow, that thing is HUGE. I love the galley, very slick. Lots of neat details! How many arctic sets did you part out for the exterior windowwalls? (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

Wow (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars)

  New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar

Hello, everyone! I just posted a few pictures of my new space carrier, still under construction. (URL) you can see, the only finished interiors are the bridge, galley, and torpedo room. More pictures will come as I continue to finish this monster. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars) !!

  looking for some set inventories...

I am looking for inventories of the folowing sets, can anyone help? 7101 lightsaber duel 7127 imperial atst 7131 anakins podracer 7144 slave 1 7155 trade federation aat 7159 pod bucket 7180 b-wing 7186 wattos junkyard 8008 stormtrooper Thanks In (...) (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: Custom ATST

(...) James, you should change your name to James Earl Jones, he he... -Harvey (24 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Darth Maul, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn

Just posted my latest work in progress showing Obi-Wan and Gui-Gonn battling Darth Maul. See it at (URL) I'll be completing Darth Maul's head as soon as I can, at the moment I just don't seem to be able to find the time to sit down and do it, but I (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom ATST

(...) Impressive. Most impressive. james (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Mini-Figs

You might want to check out FBTB's Advent Calendar that we ran during the holidays just this past year. Robert Martin used several torso decals that are available for download. Simply go into FBTB's Customs section, and you'll find it there. Hope (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom ATST

(...) Wow - very impressive model. Great detail, and about the right size too. What are you using for drivers? The best I've managed is to use light grey legs and hips, Luke's dark grey torso from the speeder bikes (could use light grey, but I like (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  New version of my TIE Interceptor MOC and Death Star Trench scene posted

I finally MLCad'd my latest iteration of my TIE Interceptor MOC in the style of the existing TLC TIEs, and using LGEO and the new versions of L3P and L3PAO I've managed to render it much more to my liking than my prototype models were rendered (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Custom Mini-Figs

The coolest thing would be to have a site with all kinds of torso to download and use for customizing. There is one site that has a lot of exicting torsos, but originals like Cobra soldiers and unmade Star Wars guys would also be great. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Custom ATST

Last week I finished my custom ATST. I think it comes close to the real thing. The head can turn 90o to the right and left, and about 45o up and down. Of course the twin gun in the middle can move in all directions. Inside there is plenty of space (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Every one of those bucket ideas would be amazing for .castle people too. That's a little bit bigger portion of the market. (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) commandos. (...) I for one, would love to see buckets will just such a scheme. I don't think they should have minifigs though, without minifigs you can lure the train guys in with the fact that they would make great terrain buckets. All of (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) _Episode I_ Republic Cruiser (can be done in System scale at a reasonable price, the design can take a lot of simplification. Check out mine at (URL) can walk around the interior, enter the cockpit with a ladder, sit down in the lounge or (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) I dunno. Sure, some of us .starwars people would buy a dozen buckets, and sure, the Horde of Starwars Collectors would each buy one, but is that enough to justify production? We're still a pretty small part of the market... But to answer the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) How about a bucket that contains nothing but Stormtroopers and blasters? Maybe about 20-30? Now that would be a big seller! (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  UCS 7191 Anyone have pictures of unopend bags (Partial Set Value)

I recently picked up an opened 7191 X-Wing UCS at Goodwill for $27 and after reviewing this site and speaking with Lego Consumer Affairs I have discovered I have everything except 2 bags of parts. Below are the number and sizes of the bags I have. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: what's left for LEGO to make?

(...) Personally, I'd love to see Star Wars freestyle buckets. The podrace bucket was a sad start, but along those lines...just because TLC has run out of actual star wars sets to build doesn't mean they can't make star wars branded items with a (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS crewing question + other question 'bout UCS

"Rene Virsik" <virsik@sco.svf.stuba.sk> wrote in message news:GADCF6.H5r@lugnet.com... (...) Haven't seen them yet so I don't know. (...) Hopefully. If you can't wait and you have 3 MTT's to spare wander on over to (URL) and download the DATs for (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UCS crewing question + other question 'bout UCS

And what about the new Creator figures ? Would it be not the best scale for UCS ? And my second question: Will we have (maybe in 2002) some new UCS ? Thanx. Rene (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Et in Arcadia Lego Update -- The ButtBuster

welly welly welly well, i put A LOT of thought and energy into this one, and i even think its my best MOC yet. The pieces just flowed together and the whole thing made sense as I was doing it, not just random stuff. So without further preface, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: i have a 7190 M. Falcon to trade

(...) ...because trade offers only belong in the buy-sell-trade group. Compartmentalize well, Andreas Stabno (URL) buy-sell-trade (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact