 Space / 7915
Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Jassim writes:
Hello, everyone! I just posted a few pictures of my new space carrier, still
under construction.

As you can see, the only finished interiors are the bridge, galley, and
torpedo room. More pictures will come as I continue to finish this monster.
Please tell me what you think of it so far!

   Very spiffy!  (Especially that little round ship in the hangar,
   which is by definition Spiff-y.)

   Excellent use of the polar base grey wall units too--it looks
   like you've kept the structural integrity pretty good along
   the centre and kept the wall units on the edges of the hangar
   deck where they wouldn't compromise the solidity of the ship.
   The payoff question:  Does it whoosh?  ;)

   I also agree with Larry; that mess hall is an excellent job.
   The Neelix Kitchen [tm] is especially cool, IMHO, but the
   buffet bar made me chuckle--I've eaten at one of those!

P.S. Special thanks to Brad Hamilton for taking these pics on his excellent
new digital camera! :)

   Those pictures DID come out awesomely well.  I'm looking forward
   to seeing more--especially the detailing of the after exhaust and
   the hangar deck!  Are you planning on adding doors or any other
   airlocking mechanism, or a shielded central passage to the torpedo
   room?

   But man, that ship does cut a lovely profile.  I began to think
   "Wing Commander" (the original game, not the awful movie), much
   improved.  What was your inspiration in the design?

   best

   Lindsay