 Space / 7929
Re: New Carrier - Starship Gibraltar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:37:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney writes:
Wow!  Seeing discussion on how light the ship is, I'm really interested in
how to build big, light, sturdy ships.  My stuff always comes out really
heavy, but at the same time solid as a rock.

I think it's a combination of parts used and type of ship. I think carriers
lend themselves to be light for their size because their biggest main
section is hollow, made mostly of castle walls, BURPS and baseplates. I bet
if I were to build a non-carrier the same size it would be twice as heavy
simply because all that empty interior space would be filled with rooms,
walls, indoor decor, etc. Makes you wonder how much Joel K's "Benevolent
Grace" weighs?

Can you possibly bring this to the Michon's if you and Mark end up stopping
by at the end of the month as we talked about?  I'd love to see this in person.

Hey, that's an idea! You know, the guys at the last meeting were considering
having a small meeting in honor of our "distinguished guests." I'll get back
to you on that, dude.

Dan