 Star Wars / 11178
Re: Building habits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:50:04 GMT

Great question!  In part because all of us have to wrestle with this question all
the time!

(To everyone) Do you keep models built until you have no choice but to tear
them down for parts, or do you treat them like models - they're built and
stay built and work around that to make new creations?

Build, photograph and tear down to build anew.

- or -

Build, photograph and keep it built till the parts are needed?

For the most part, I'm definitely in the "keep models together" category.  I have
a table covered with all of my WWII models right now, and another one that houses
the AT-AT and AT-ST and other Star Wars creations.  And once assembled, these
models are pretty much inviolate - I never take pieces off of them unless I take
the time to replace them with something better.  Rather than cannabalize,  prefer
to use my needs as an excuse to get more LEGO.

I envision getting a glass-doored display case in the not-too-distant future, and
keeping them in there.  I even put a bid in on one of those square display cubes
with the transparent plexiglass cube cover when "The Discovery Store" or "The
Learning Center" or whatever it was went out of business ... I had grand visions
of a corner display with the AT-AT  and everything ... but alas, no luck.

-s