 Star Wars / 11204
Re: Building habits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 03:08:33 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Jacobsen writes:
After looking once more at Dan Jassim's latest minifig carrier, a question
came to mind I wanted to ask him but it could also be posed to everyone.
Just to satisfy my curiousity, of course. :)

(To Dan) Did you have to tear down your original carrier to start this one?

(To everyone) Do you keep models built until you have no choice but to tear
them down for parts, or do you treat them like models - they're built and
stay built and work around that to make new creations?

Build, photograph and tear down to build anew.

- or -

Build, photograph and keep it built till the parts are needed?

And if you do tear it down to build new, do you tear it ALL down or just
snitch the parts needed and leave the rest built till the next part is needed?

--

I have found myself building till I run out of bricks and then trying to
scrounge up something else that works rather than cannibalize currently

I think I tend to do this because I remember how much time was put into them.

And usually I find that I tend to try and keep them together as long as
possible, even when stealing bits off of them - if it's not a key piece that
would destroy the whole thing just to get to.

Jus' wonderin'... :)

Joel J

Ok this is my first post I've done.  I have been reading Lugnet for about
two years. I am 14 years old and am hoping for the time when I don't have to
go to school.  I am in the keep category because I tend to have things built
for a little while.
Things I've built + time I had them built
Titanic-two years
AT-AT-one year and still up
Castle-(sets are 6090, 6078, 6056, and 6075 mostly modified + custom things)
up for over four years and still up.
First Gungan sub-fve minutes (I didn't like it. but the second one I made is
rely nice.)
How ever if some thing is built and has some thing I want I'll probably take
it and replace it with some other peice.  Reminds me When my town was built
it had almost no computers in it because they were all in my modifed
Falcon.(all of my thing our custom, modified, or not built.)
I don't mined answering some questions.

Kevin W.