 Star Wars / 11200
Re: Building habits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:45:42 GMT

...I've been giving serious thought to sorting my collection, even if only
by color. lazy though I am, i know that all my really cool pieces are
cowering in fear at the bottom of the huge (60 gallons) tub which houses the
bulk of my collection. Perhaps I have just found a project to occupy my
summer? truly, an automatic sorter would make everybody happy... ::ponders a
moment:: hmmm, can light sensors differentiate between colors?

"Steven Lane" <Steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.starwars, Bryce McGlone writes:

I'm in the build, photograph, then put the model up or away somewhere and
buy new Lego mode. It's just too much trouble usually for me to take • apart
and re-sort one of my models. I'm sort of lazy that way too. I hate • sorting...
Bryce

This is a very timely subject for me. I'm a life-long Non-sorter with only • 1
or two break downs in my career. I've always had the draws but never • sorted,
until recently that is. I couldn't stand it any more, scrabbling through
box's of lego to find each part. Thats of course, how come all my old • parts
are scratched to oblivion. It's always been a trade off between time spent
sorting and saved during building compared to not sorting, then having to
search for the next part. This is why for years I've wanted an automatic
sorter, this would be the ultimate Lego accessory.

Steve