 Star Wars / 11160
Re: Building habits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:42:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Jacobsen writes:
(To everyone) Do you keep models built until you have no choice but to tear
them down for parts, or do you treat them like models - they're built and
stay built and work around that to make new creations?

Good question.

I'm of the build, photograph, and disassemble school of thought - most MOCs
stay together for a few weeks and then get recylced back into the collection.

I don't cannabalize models for the parts I need - once it starts to come
apart, it all comes apart. Actually, this is one of my favorite parts of the
process - in a way, it's very meditative disassembling and sorting all of
the parts from a big MOC.

I don't have zillions of bricks or much display space - but even if I did,
I'd probably do things the same. Bricks are for building, not for sitting on
the shelf collecting dust!

- Paul