 Star Wars / 11168
Re: Building habits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 04:04:26 GMT

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:55:28 GMT, "Joel Jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net>
wrote:

After looking once more at Dan Jassim's latest minifig carrier, a question
came to mind I wanted to ask him but it could also be posed to everyone.
Just to satisfy my curiousity, of course. :)

(To Dan) Did you have to tear down your original carrier to start this one?

(To everyone) Do you keep models built until you have no choice but to tear
them down for parts, or do you treat them like models - they're built and
stay built and work around that to make new creations?

Build, photograph and tear down to build anew.

- or -

Build, photograph and keep it built till the parts are needed?

I tend to work on Lego ships for weeks and in some cases months until
I am completely satisfied with it.  Then I rebuild it in MLCAD, will
do some experimentation with different color schemes, create picture
instructions, rendings in various poses, and then I'll print them off
on photo glossy paper and add them to my private Lego instruction
binder.  Usually only at that point will I actually consider
harvesting parts off an older model I've created.

Robert