 Star Wars / 11193
Re: Ultra-quick modification.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:25:12 GMT

Daniel Crichton <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message
news:GB05o5.Exu@lugnet.com...
Anyone else turned the wings by 90 degrees on their TIE Fighter?

I think it looks cool...

No, but an interesting idea.  I bet with a little additional modification
you could get a half-decent TIE interceptor without too many extra pieces.
Unless you wanted to bend the wings, anyway.  Okay, maybe not...

Sort of looks like a Scimitar bomber (vaguely!), but I agree, it does look
cool. I also bought a second TIE so I could have Darth flanked by his
wingmen (DS-1 and DS-2 in Black 1 and Black 2 if I remember correctly from
my SWCCG collection), now I feel I should get a few more X-Wings to make • up
for the amount of space those 3 TIEs take up compared to the skinny B-Wing
and tiny A-Wing and Y-Wing :)

Remember, you need three X- and Y- if you're going to make the trench
scenes.  There's your excuse if you need one for your NLSO.  Are we still
using that acronym?

If I ever get around to it I'm going to turn my other DV's TIE into a TIE
bomber.  But I don't know if I can bring myself to mar the sacred beauty of
The Set As It Is.

Jesse