 Star Wars / *10098 (-100)
  RE: dentention block

Check here (URL) Millére LUGnet # 525 Millére's Spares -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Scott E. Sanburn Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 12:56 PM To: lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: dentention block

Chris, Picture, what picture? I don't see any pictures. Must be so fuzzy, it is coming in white! ; ) Scott S. -- Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company www.sanburnsystems.com Scott E. Sanburn, Owner (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  dentention block

Here's a quick pic of a death star dentention block scene I'm working on creating. Forgive the fuzzy picture. Does anyone know of any online pictures of this scene from the movie. I haven't been able to find any and I need some reference shots. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Speculation...

(...) But Darth Maul is an alien. LEGO has never hesitated to be creative with decidely alien heads, witness Maul and all sorts of UFO, Insectoid, and other space aliens. The undead (skeletons, mummies) get the same creative consideration. Human (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Speculation...

(...) It says two things 1) he has a helmet with an open visor that needed black showing through (like the new Imperial Guards) and 2) that giving him a normal head would basically have declared him a human being. We know this from reading the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MOC Thrawn LEGO Figure

(...) Hi, the information that you seek is hidden deep in the bowels of an old West End Games RPG book - The Imperial Sourcebook. If you can't get hold of a copy, e-mail me and I'll give you the knowledge that you require. Regards Daz (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Speculation...

(...) Mace windu or Lando with yellow heads? I for one would not buy them. That just isn't right. How about a Maul with a yellow head? ugh. It's bad enough that the Jar-Jar figs can almost challenge the Johnny Thunders in useless repetitive release. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Speculation...

(...) Of corse, Boba Fett has a nonprinted black head. What does that say? (...) I hope not. The Ninja,Islander,and Native American heads are the same as the rest. Why stop now? (...) Hmm. Some of the Adventurers stuff does have picures of brown (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  New sets spotted at Walmart

Saw the Droid Escape and the Battle Droid Transport at the Princeton, NJ Walmart. Didn't even see any space for the other larger sets. Still no sign of the huge LoM base. Jason F. (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: doh! 2001 retail in stores

Did you hit the one in Brookfield?? just wonder if I should head that way or not... I'd really like to get some of the new Star Wars sets if possible. Tamy p.s. sorry about the ticket, I know how those suck.... (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.space)

  Re: More Stormtroopers on the Way?

(...) Galore. (...) I would love to a Empire bridge set, one officer, one admiral, and maybe one of the pit workers. (The guys always on the low level, watching as the admiral gets chocked, etc. Probably the ones that keep the ship running) Another (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  More Stormtroopers on the Way?

Have no fear my fellow Star Wars and Lego Junkies. My guess is that you will see more Minifigure sets available this year with Stormtroopers Galore. I guess we will have a set with an Impirial Officer exclusive and 2 Troopers. Any other guesses on (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) I saw your new click hinge landing gear - very cool looking. I tried this and it's a simple modification to adjust the click hinge on the shuttle body up by a plate width to make the cockpit clear the ground. It still moves fine and clears the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Speculation...

(...) Rehash it since months ago or since two days ago (URL) ? :) John #388 (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Speculation...

So, now that we've all seen the pictures of the new sets, and cannot WAIT until they're available in our areas to buy, I think it's time to speculate a little bit... In the TIE Fighter set, the pilot has a blank brown head. To the best of my (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) Bah! Bah I say! I have a gazillion of these things. I hate them! They fall off if you look at them hard! I will be using some of the new click hinge bits to make proper and more accurate landing gear for my shuttle. See: (URL) "Muffin Head" (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

Yup, thats what I made my Imp Officers out of, gray Rock Raider legs/hips/torso/arms/cavalry cap, with a custom label on the front of the torso, and yellow head/hands (obviously :-) But I don't like DS Trooper idea with that cap, nor any others, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MOC Thrawn LEGO Figure

I tried to figure that out from staring at all 3 movies, and discovered that in the movies they don't seem to always follow the rules, at least twice they had different #s of bars for the same rank. So I gave up and used whatever I felt like for my (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) Two are put together and here are some additional points: AT-ST Other new (to me) parts include a 1x4 brick with 4 studs on one side (the chin), 1x4 wall tiles (the eye holes seen on end), and 1x2 bricks with a side handle (like the 1x2 plate (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) Well, overall they're pompously confident. Moff Jerjerrod, however, was a sniveling weasel. ;^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G4wqKr.B02@lugnet.com... (...) In Dark (...) an (...) Trooper/Imperial (...) I think the uniforms of the shuttle's crew are black in the movie, so at least it's accurate, even though I agree (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Site update

Nothing major though, really. I now have the alternate model for the Snowspeeder (ATST) up, but it's no different from what I put up on Brickshelf a few days ago. I do have some new pictures of my Imperial Shuttle, I've removed the old pictures and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) It does in the Jungle Adventurer's theme... -Jon (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) I did what with the who now? That'll teach me not to buy Amazon Adventurer's sets. eric (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) The Kepi does come in black... (5976, 5986) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) See, this is why it should have been in dark grey instead of black. In Dark Grey, it would have been perfect with the Dark Grey RockRaiders cap as an officer, and with a black Samurai helmet as a Death Star Trooper/Imperial Trooper/Imperial (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) Quick! Somebody get a black samurai helmet on the officer to make a Death Star Trooper!!!! Kevin! (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) Excellent pics! Thanks! 2 comments: (...) officers rule. (...) eric (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) That and more my friends. (URL) What fun it is just pawing through this new stuff! AT-ST comments: no mysterious pilot- just Chewie, mounted a canopy exteneion upright so a minifig fits inside, 'knees' are a dark grey square clip-on sign as (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) Here's what the air2 swoop looks like: (URL)I'm sure you know that it's a lot easier to (...) Thank you thank you thank you :) I only use the movies, the tech. journal and the EGVV for my customs (EGVV=Essential Guide To Vehicles and Vessels). (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

(...) A clear look at Aldar Beedo and Watto would be keen. If you can tell us whether the clear bricks under Watto in the catalogue photos (to make him fly) are actually in the set, or were just not blocked out of the photo, that would be cool. eric (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!

The MN LEGO Imagination Center has shelves full of all six new SW sets!! I'll get some box and parts scans from the Junkyard, Shuttle and AT-ST up on Brickshelf ASAP - any requests for what people want to see? Will be back with image links shortly. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) Not a problem; in fact getting me to shut up is often more difficult. (...) Huge amount of time? 4 hours?! That's it? I like to think I strive for accuracy in my models too but I've never come close to doing anything that looks even half as (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) Here are picture of the Don Post Star Wars helmets. It looks like the TIE helmet is kind of a mixture between a rebel pilots helmet and a Stormtrooper helmet. IMHO The real TIE helmet is not too different from the real Stormtrooper helmet -- (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) Yeah I know about the voting, but I don't like the way he organized the contest. (1)Votes are to be send in through snail-mail!!!! (2)He hasn't even updated the main page since may 10th!!!!!! I know he's probably very busy but I just think (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

Will you do (...) Hmmmm very interesting.... Anime mecha.... If I can find some good pics, I'll build one. It will have to be a small mech because I only do small MOC's. Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) I agree with Mark and James - it's a great model with a lot of detail. But this group moves on so fast you get about forty messages back in 24 hours, and no-one sees them. For example, who read Ralph Döring's message that voting is open on his (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) Well let me revise that statement, no lego doesn't make garbage... they chose to make a AT-ST that reflected marketablity (bad sp.), rather then being authenthic. You chose the higher of the paths and I commend you, because Ive seen some (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) You are an indeed an expert builder if it only took you 4 hours of R&D and production time. Terrific model! james (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  MOC Thrawn LEGO Figure

I in the process of creating Grand Admiral Thrawn and was wondeirng if anyone knows of a god website where they have details of the militray bars that imperial militray personnel have? I know the more bars you have the higher rank you are but its (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  a small request for someone that owns an 8001

Can someone please scan in pages 29 and 40 of the instruction manual for me? (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) "garbage" of any sort. About the vehicle: I think you mean the World-Devastator. It's cool but it's 2 kilometers long so to make that minifigscale..... ehhh I don't think so. Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) Steal eh? No problem (send me some pics when finished ok?). I still borrowed some stuff from Shaun Sullivans model for my at-st v2.0 Why? because his model is the bomb! Anyway thanks for your input. Greetz, Jay (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

Ok I guess I was a little out of order to "hit the panic button that fast" but the thing was that I was sooooo happy with the way it came out that some input would be really cool. Thanks for your big reply! The AT-ST took me a huge amount of time to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Happy Holidays from FBTB

Remember when you were a kid, and you'd get a calendar that opened up to something new every day as you counted down to Christmas Day? Well, we're going to do the same thing at FBTB. Robert Martin is known for his incredible minifig work - and he's (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

(...) It has always been my belief that Lego Co. has not wanted to make any weapons at all. In the 60's and 70's military, police and wild west toys were popular in most parts of the world. Guns were big part of the toy market. While Lego (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

(...) You can get an excellent blaster by purchasing the Hasbro Han Solo figure with the com-tech chip. The blaster is the perfect size and looks wonderful. It's a rather pricey method just for a blaster but the minute I saw it I had to buy it. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

(...) I've seen it mentioned here (on LUGNet) before that it has indeed been the policy of LegoCo to not manufacture items representing "modern" military hardware. And yet it warmed by Southern (Rebel), gun-carryin' heart to see the *revolver* and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

What's strange is that TLG's stance to not make weapons seems only to apply to modern handguns, shotguns, and other weapons. They've made axes, spears, lances, swords, muskets, six-shooters, laser guns, and cannons for goodness sakes! What puzzles (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

My 2c says that the is easily the best AT-ST I've seen on the web so far. If it's OK with you I'm going to steal some features and modify mine. Tim Gould (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) Woah, a little soon to hit the panic button there! It's hardly a matter of not liking it; I can only speak for myself, but I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one impressed by the accuracy of the Star Wars vehicles that you've modeled. Yes, the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) Imperial Commandos wear the same uniform as Imperial Troops. The difference between Imperial Commandos and Storm Troopers is (other than the uniform) much like the difference between US Army Green Berets and US Navy Seals. There is no (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

(...) Sweet dude.. Much better then the garbage one I saw in the euro lego catalog, you should make planet destroyer thing,(its in one of the star wars encylopedia books)It looks mass cool, its some kind hover vehical or somethin.. Any way enough my (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: AT-ST v2.0

Nobody replied to my post. So is it safe for me to conclude nobody liked my new MOC? Geez I hope not :( It's still ok to let me know what you think :-) Greetz, Jay New and better pics will follow shortly. And eh... Mr Hayes, thanks for the input. (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) probobly the closest helment that lego has made is that exploriens one thats a normal helmet but with hoses. Then again, I have never seen a tie pilots helmet up close. (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Microfig scale AT-AT.

(...) I'm very sorry. I've never used any LEGO CAD software yet. Instead of DAT file,I'll post following pics of disassembled AT-AT and AT-ST. [AT-ST] (2 URLs) Ayumi (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Microfig scale AT-AT.

(...) Yes.It's my original. But this Snowspeeder be used only for rear viewing ,because it has very fat bottom and thick front for fixing upper small parts. # Ayumi (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

(...) If you're willing to commit a *minor* act of mutilation, you can use my favorite: a WildWest Revolver w/ 1x1 "trans" cone (after snapping off the revolver's front sight). Here's an example: "(URL) here's a complete armoury: "(URL) the standard (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) <snip> (...) Yep. I ran a game with those dudes once upon a time. My players were pretty upset when the Storm Commands picked up the thermal detonator and threw it back. These ain't yer dad's Stormtroopers, no sirree. ;^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

I think a minifig drill with a 1x1 cone stuck on the end makes a pretty good DL-44 Heavy Blaster pistol. :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) You mean Imperial Troopers? The guys that originally came out in the first Kenner line as "Death Star Trooper"? The guys that are seen manning every single post in every single Imperial vessel and base that isn't manned by a Stormtrooper, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

(...) ...and Princess Leia, she should have one too, she couldn't have saved the day without one :-) Julie (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

I agree, I mean, sure, we can make our own guns that fit the SW universe, but what about those of us who aren't artistically inclined? I love making customs, and I've made some cool Blastech DL-44s (ala Han Solo) out of Adventurer's rifles, from an (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars weapons - My rant

(...) Oh, no, it's not Lucasfilm licensing saying they can't have guns. When Kenner made the first line of Star Wars toys way back in '77, they called Lucas into their office to look over the line. Lucas took one look and said, "where are the guns?" (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars weapons - My rant

When I first heard that there was going to Stormtroopers, I was really excited, but I was also thinking that maybe they'd release the Stormtroopers with a 'real' gun, not just a bullhorn turn backwards with a 1x1 trans round piece on it. But they (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  doh! 2001 retail in stores

While on a trip to the TRU by my house I found two of the Mars sets. Getting all excited I drove to 4 of the TRU stores in Milwaukee, the Racine one, 3 in Northern Illinois, and 1 Meijer's stores in IL and 2 in Indiana. This is what I got in return. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.space)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) Imperial Commandos are from the Trilogy. I expect to see them in an offical Lego set eventually. Aside from that, Star Wars Comics published by Dark Horse are Canon. (offical Lucasfilm policy) (...) Well that goes without saying. I appologise (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) That would be cool, but I'm not sure how to do it. The MindStorms R2 is too small to fit Kenny Baker ... (...) I'm not sure it'll have a MindStorms brain at all. The Microscout is next to useless, and the RCX is too big and too yellow. Maybe (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) Interesting. That just seems wrong, somehow. I can't picture it. (...) Yoiks. Good thing that was dropped. Maneuvering thrusters, I could see. In space, not planetside. But not big thrusters. Steve (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) Or, I could continue to ignore the mountains of non-canon material, and play with my bricks in any way I see fit. eric (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) helmets: (...) in (...) Imperial Commandos wore very dark grey (almost black) jumpsuits (similar to officers) with black "samurai" helmets. You could however make the black stormtroopers from the comic "Crimson Empire" -Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Microfig scale AT-AT.

(...) I loved the AT-ST and speeder bike as well. Any possibility of getting these models encoded as "lugnet.cad" DAT files? ;-) Franklin (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wanted: Images of New Elements

(...) in case anyone missed it. (...) Ah, nuts. I *know* each new mold for a new piece costs LEGO serious cash in design and manufacture, and I *know* therefore they can only do so many in a given year, and I would *DEFINITELY* rather have a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Microfig scale AT-AT.

(...) That is a very cool microfig model... it never ceases to amaze me how much detail can be put into such a small model. The microfig Snowspeeder is pretty cool too... is that an original design? -Bryan (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) Actually, being the huge Star Wars geek I am, I don't think R2 ever zaps Yoda... All he does is grab at the lamp with his arm. He DOES zap an Ewok in ROTJ though... he also uses a small buzz-saw to cut through a net that they get trapped in... (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Microfig scale AT-AT.

(...) Dave! (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Microfig scale AT-AT.

I followed Burkhard's suggestion and have finished to build a "microfig scale AT-AT". I like its details of feet. Please see below. (URL) Ayumi Hayase # (URL) ayucow@mvd.biglobe.ne.jp (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: Alternate Model for 7130 Snowspeeder: ATST

(...) Thanks - it's nice to know they inspired you (I'll tell Claude! Okay, he's really just a stuffed toy. Sheesh. Mind you, he's got his own e-mail address. claudethetiger@cwcom.net Don't expect a reply in a hurry though). The real trick was (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) I think it was in the "Dagobah System", no doubt mispelled. I remember that bit in the movie too; I like it when Yoda starts hitting R2D2 with a stick. They were arguing over a small torch or something :-) Jennifer Clark (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

There's also a trans-orange one in Aquasharks #6190 Shark's Crystal Cage. Also the only set to ever have blue octogonal columns and elbows. Dave Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G4r647.JzC@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) it's (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) And (...) wheels. (...) fire (...) The "real" R2D2 has enough vertical movement with its third "leg" so that when fully extended, it can go up and down stairs. A scene showing this was cut from Episode 1. (There was also a scene cut during (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

Xanthra47 <Xanthra47@Inphotek.com> wrote in message news:G4rnEn.M3G@lugnet.com... (...) I wonder if anyone will be implementing the function it had in EP4 when Luke Skywalker landed on the planet Yoda came from. R2D2 zapped him with a charge from a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC At-st

(...) "So this At-At walks into a bar and the bartender asks ... 'why the long face?'" ha ha ha? Sorry - great MOC :) -- Pawel (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  MOC At-st

I just finished an at-st. let me know what you think. It is way to skinny and 10 cm higher than minifig scale, but aside from that i think it is pretty good. the legs can bend at all of the joints and I forgot to show this cuz i ran out of time to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Microfig scale Millennium Falcon

(...) How about a picture of yours?... (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) The (...) a (...) Heh heh, nothing like a few overhead monitors to make that computer control room look even better. I have a few of them, but I always want more! Excellent, even though the other news isn't as good. Scott S. -- Want LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

I'm working a few of these ideas, but basically I was annoyed at how *SMALL* it was (the DDK) so I've started making a "life" sized R2 simmilar to Eric Harshburger's and the one at Legoland, but this won't be a static sculpture. The head will turn, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) Mario Ferrari made an awesome R2 model named 'Otto'. see: (URL) David (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Improving Mindstorms R2???

(...) <snip> (...) I look forward to seeing your "more functional" R2... another thing that would be cool is if you could make him "waddle" when in bipedal mode like he does in the films... I'm pretty sure he can roll only in tripedal mode. Also, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) Going way back, but I have one in yellow from 6941 Battrax, and one in antifreeze from 6956 Stellar Recon Voyager. There was also one in red in the 6781  SP-Striker. Unfortunately, I missed a good price on one just a week ago on eBay. Doh! (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Minifig Shots

(...) That would stand to reason, since the TIE Pilots in the movie wore black Stormtrooper helmets with hoses coming out of them. Probably the same piece molded in black. (...) My guess: It's a 4x3 slope with printing. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) Huh! I never knew that... serves me right for not buying town Jr. sets I guess.... The only one I ever knew of was in Blacktron I's Battrax way back when in 1987... I think I may have seen it once elsewhere, but I figured it was kinda like the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) Well, you're part of the "Eric" contingent, and we all know what trouble that is... (...) That's pretty cool. If you have the space to implement it, it would work very nicely. In a smaller design, the Technic 1/2 pins (whatever they're called) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) Ha! When I saw Slave I, I thought it was a new piece! But apparently it's been in Res-Q in black all along. I've actually woken up and noticed it in other sets as well, like some town ones. In opaque, it seems to have become Town Jr's favorive (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) COOL! I want that light grey canopy top! I want I want I want! Short of the Slave-I, when was the last time they even released that piece? Or has it been floating around in Res-Q or something unnoticed by me? :) DaveE (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Minifig Shots

(...) Can't speak to your questions about the shuttle, I don't have one yet, but I can say for certain that the TIE pilot has a different helmet than the Stormtrooper. James (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Minifig Shots

(...) Hmmm... Looking at these, I've noticed a few things: Is it me or is the TIE pilot just a Stormtrooper painted black? The helmets look like the same piece. Is the intake vent under the shuttle's dorsal a new piece or some weird optical-illusion (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Improving Mindstorms R2???

I just nabbed a second copy of the Mindstorms Droid Developer Kit[1], and I've been thinking about how to make a better R2, and what the functions should be. Then I realized I wasn't even sure what functions the reel R2 has... So, in the interests (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) We'll start with the fact that I detest clones. I know not everyone feels that way, but I don't like to use them. Apart from that, though, there's a fairly simple LEGO solution... the 'L' shaped plate (the one with a 2x2 area on both sides of (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Return of overhead monitors!

(...) I know clones aren't generally well-liked, but the semi-mythical male:male connector plate by MegaBloks or TYCO can turn a regular upright computer screen into an inverse, sort of. And you have to tolerate the clone's presence, of course... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact