 Star Wars / 10080
Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 23:37:37 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Radtke writes:

<snip>Off to build!!

John

Two are put together and here are some additional points:

AT-ST
Other new (to me) parts include a 1x4 brick with 4 studs on one side (the
chin), 1x4 wall tiles (the eye holes seen on end), and 1x2 bricks with a
side handle (like the 1x2 plate with side handle - holds the square signs
that make the knees).
Chewie is completely hand-weaponless.  People who are expecting to be
disappointed with the model are going to be.  The head looks decent for its
size but, other than sliding back and forth, the legs do nothing.  The
hinges are purely for positioning.  You can't articulate the hinges without
tipping the head back or moving it so far forward that the model would tip
over.  Seen from the front with the feet next to one another it looks kinda
bowlegged.  Not a bad collection of pieces though and a cheap Wookie.

SHUTTLE
This is so hot.  Will be a lot of people's 2001 favorite and one of the best
they've done.  Great collection of parts, fun to build, cool to look at, you
move the wings up and down and it's right out of the movie.  The back of the
ship is a large hatch (this is where the trans blue grill tiles are) that
opens to reveal some sort of removable platform (shows the Emperor and
Guards on it, maybe a repulsor lift transport?).  Not in the catalog picture
are three standard 2x2x2 shaceship legs - you obviously need to put the
wings up to stand it on them, but you also have to point the cockpit back up
(need to extend the legs about a plate width).  And, this cannot be
emphasized enough, Imperial officer and Royal Guards!!!

I love my hobby - too fun!

John