 Star Wars / 10086
Re: All 6 SW sets on the shelves!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 02:47:21 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:

From: "John Radtke" <jaradtke@mindspring.com>

Not in the catalog picture
are three standard 2x2x2 shaceship legs - you obviously need to put the
wings up to stand it on them, but you also have to point the cockpit back up
(need to extend the legs about a plate width).

Bah! Bah I say! I have a gazillion of these things. I hate them! They fall
off if you look at them hard!

I will be using some of the new click hinge bits to make proper and more
accurate landing gear for my shuttle.

See:

http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/spacecraft/neverwhere/neverwhere08.html

:^)

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin

I saw your new click hinge landing gear - very cool looking.

I tried this and it's a simple modification to adjust the click hinge on the
shuttle body up by a plate width to make the cockpit clear the ground.  It
still moves fine and clears the necessary parts of body.

Other set is now assembled as well.
WATTO'S JUNKYARD
Comments/new parts: these are actually pretty neat pods (this coming from a
lesser fan of podracers), more of the 1x4 bricks with 4 side studs, the flag
like piece seen on the side of the blue & white engine is a 2x3 tile with 2
side clips

Selection: good pile of tan bricks & plates, nice selection of pieces in
green and brown, there are actually 2 of the 1x1 viewplate tiles (those will
make a nice accessory for any space farer.)

Instructions: there is an error building the second green pod engine.  It
doesn't shown the insertion of the 1x4 yellow brick.  The next piece is put
in place on top of its position but the 1x4 is still missing.  Go figure.
It is also not clear that you must make two of the same tan structures to
put together both podracers.  The parts for the second one are the same
parts needed for the "junkyard backdrop" (thing with the arches) so you
can't build that and fully assemble both pods.  The cartoon in the back has
a cameo appearance by Subulba (I meant to compare the Aldar fig to Subulba
earlier, not to Gasgano.)

John